Lights dimming... what do i need

Bronze Member
Username: Macdizzlez

Massachusetts

Post Number: 14
Ya im running 2 12 inch brahmas with a kicker 1200.1 my lights dim at night what do i need?a battery or a new alternator.. i got a 140 amp alternator in my car now.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 511
Try looking for a optima yellowtop under your hood and a 1.2 farad cap tied to your kicker 1200 and that should work.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 900
A new battery won't help(except with engine off), but a cap might.... a lil.

As long as your lights dim only momentarily and don't stay that way you're probably ok. 140 amps is pretty good size alternator, but remember alternators don't perform near as well when your car's at idle.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 262
your lights will always dim some unless you completely remove your system from the rest of the car's electrical system due to the size of the wires run to the system compared to the rest of the car's electrical wires. caps can help, but not a cheap 1 farad tube kind. look at batcaps and allumapro caps

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 516
Look into the batcap model 800 stereo battery. Its 70%battery/30%cap and trust me that 30% is equal to over 3 caps. Search for Batcaps on ebay and look for the model 800 and read about it if you want more info. I bought mine from ricktw. He has a online store on ebay for batcaps.. he is great to deal with and ask questions. Been in the business a long time. here is a link actually http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5764935027 %26%26
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us