Opinions

Username: Jestoner18

Post Number: 1
First off, what does everyone think about Polk 12" MOMOs in the sealed plexiglass boxes? I have a rockford fosgate 851s power amp and i don't know if these subs do the amp justice. Seeing as how i bought the subs and amp all when they fist came out, i'm a bit pissed because prices have more than halfed but oh well. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible new subs or if you'd be happy with this setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Post Number: 17
well i must say it is a nice amp i was just reading about it at http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ROC851S?ref=carr but im not sure if i am looking at the right subs are these what you have the polk momos mm siries if so i cant find any thing on it (searched google 20 minuets)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
lol i just found out that i was staring at these subs the other day in crutchfield and the amp that you have should work realy well you have the power so now i want to know how are you planing to set these subs up is your amp going to be bridged or is it just going to be a normal setup o and i cant find out the ohm or if its dual vioce coil

Post Number: 3
Those aren't the subs i have, those are the newer (and less powerful) version. The subs are rated at 500 rms (1000 peak) at 2 ohms and they are a single voice coil. I have hooked them up as a 2 channel and was considering bridging them but it's been too cold.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ya i have a bunch of stuff i want to do with my car to but i cant deal with the cold either. well that amp well have 850w x 1 if bridged but i dont know what the ohms well be i was thinking of wriring the subs in siries then it would be 1ohm but i dont know if the amp well handle it it should say somthing in the manual about what it can run

Post Number: 4
Nope, lost the manual in a basement flood, does anyone know what this amp will handle by any chance?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i emailed rockford fosgate asking them about the amp and i should have an aswer for you within the first buisness day

Unregistered guest
for some reason i cant sign in but this is bryan b. well this is what fosgate sent me and its all that i can do for ya: No, your amp is not stable when bridged below four ohms. You will put your gear at serious risk
of premature demise in this configuration. A mono amp would be a better choice so you can wire
your subs to two ohms-our BD1001 would be a great choice.
Thanks for contacting Rockford Fosgate!
Tracy

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 126
Rockford Fosgate Products Blow!!!!!!!
If you guys start making ur Audio here in the US like before we would all buy from you.

Anonymous

good OPINION

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 117
havent done too much research in this area but i was kinda wondering. so does the fact that an audio product is made in the US guarantee the quality of the product? are American sweat shops better than overseas sweat shops. or does it depend on the amount of money spent to educate the assemblers assuming its a hand assembled product?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1388
it depends mostly on the quality of the components.
there are good companies and crap companies in the US just like there are in Germany and Japan.

Money isn't the only or deciding factor, but chances are better products will cost at least a bit more than the really poor cheap ones (like american bass, pyramid, boss, legacy, rockwood, etc)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us