Question about wiring amp/sub (2 or 4 ohm??)

Username: Wj94

Post Number: 1
I should be setting up my 12" kicker solobaric L7 with either the KX600.1 or JBL BP600.1 and wanted to know if it would be best to get it wired at 2 ohms or 4 ohms and in series or parallel? I'm not 100% what the difference is, but I can only assume that 2 ohms will give more power and take more current, while 4 ohms would take less current but produce less power. I don't need to blast away the neighborhood, but I do like my music loud and with a lot of bass....any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

if your gonna get the JBL you can only use a sealed box unless you get an inline subsonic filter...

the kicker amp is more expensive but is a little better. you can only get a 2 ohm load if you have a DVC 4 ohm sub!!!If you have are DVC 4 ohm L7 then i'd say the kicker amp, if you have a DVC 2 ohm sub then get the JBL...it can run at 1 ohm but puts up the same power it gets at 2 ohms (600 watts)

i have a 12" L5 on a JBL BP600.1 (dvc 2 ohm)...its great to be only one sub!!!

Username: Wj94

Post Number: 3
I was planning on getting a sealed box because I'm looking more for sound quality than SPL. I thought the L7 already had a subsonic filter built in? I can probably trade someone a few backstage passes that I've collected to pay for either amp, so price isn't the issue as long as it's about $250 or less. I'll have to find out whether the sub is DVC 4 ohm or 2 ohm. It should be coming within the next week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us