Active Subs

Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 7
Does anybody know of or have any experience (or opinion) on powered subs like the Infinity BassLink?

I know the Bazzokas are despised, but I think Clarion and JBL both have smallish, poered subs.

Thanks,
JBG

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 95
My brother had one in his car, sounded good considering how easy it was to install and how big the basslink dimensions were, but would not hold up to a seperate install with a good sub and good amp.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1483
the Infinity BassLink is a great pre-packaged solution for stock systems, or smaller systems where you're looking to add some low end, but not shake the car.
The amplified bazooka tubes aren't that bad either for things like trucks without much space, where you just want to tap into the existing system and add a bit of bass to the music to fill out the frequency range.
They just aren't a good solution for people who want that show car sort of blown away feel that you get from a large amp and two 12" subs for example.
all depends on what you're after, but no, they aren't a bad choice.

Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 9
Thanks, gentlemen.

I thought as much. I have two 8" Bazookas in my older car's system and was always pretty happy with the sound they added. it's just that since I started hanging around this forum, I realized that system WILL have to go, in time.

But for now, I am building a budget system for my daily driver, a Ford Focus, so i wanted to maximize the $$$ and not take a lot of space or require too many additions or modifications to get clean, solid bass (but not blow out the windows) and I could care less if people hear me three blocks away. i just want it to sound good for ME and not have to worry about upgrading the alternator, etc, etc.

I know how it goes once one gets bitten by the audio bug, either at home or in the car...

Thanks!
Jose
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us