Port Problem

Blair
Unregistered guest
The gap between the inside end of the port and a side wall of the box is only 5cm (2 inches) will this be a problem for air flow?

oh and another quick question...

if an amp says it has a max input voltage of say 2.5 volts and my head unit puts out 6 volts will that damage the amp or what?

Unregistered guest
Yes:

Ports need to be set away from the center of the driver, walls, or anything that might slow down, and/or speed up the air flow process.

The ports job is to regulate pressure and tune the box to a desired frequency. If the port is restricted in any way, it will alter the sound as far as dramatically.

The port size, length, shape, flare (if applicable), bends, and location is significantly important.

Blair
Unregistered guest
so somehow i will have to adjust the port so that the end is further away from the wall, This is going to be hard as the port is 43 inches long and i virtually have no where else for it to go.

does anyone have a link to a good box porting web page that has very detailed info?

also does someone have an answer to my Q. regarding input voltages of amplifiers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us