Who owns a JL 10W7 ????

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 447
I am gonna get mine soon and just wanted to know those of you who own one. How does it sound in you cars compared to other subs youve owned?? I am running it with a 500/1 in a jl H.O. wedge box for maximum output. Let me know your experiences with this SUB. Thankss

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
?..

Anonymous

why dont you stop asking the same questions you douche? you have asked about the w7's like 50 times. if you are already going to get it just get it and stop asking the same motherfucking questions and wondering why nobody answers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
lol..you are anonymous dumbfu#k

Anonymous

wow, you're right, i am anonymous. thanks for the hot tip dickweed. what does that have to do with you being a d.ildo and asking the same damn questions over and over?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 118
No need to be nasty. MO what I think he is trying to say is that you have asked the same question over and over again, but you can't blame him because he's excited about getting his equipment in. MO, you already know that its top notch stuff, so wait until you get it and then come back with new info for us.

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 33
hey anonymous if you dont like reading the same question dont open this thread you stupid twat!!

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 105
Just get the w7's if you can afford them. You wont be sorry you did.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 231
i think anonymous is jealous of your new stereo equiptment MO

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 127
no annonymous is right. mo has asked the same question every week for the last two months. he changes his mind like he changes his under wear. last time he was saying he was getting 13's. same old dumb questions every time. he just wants people to say the w7 10's sound good so he can feel good. just to answer youre question mo, they do sound good, i have two of them

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
adam your old news....everyone knows about your posts..punk

Anonymous

"adam your old news" what the f.uck are you talking about? you are a tard MO. "everyone knows about your posts" everyone knows what about his posts? just stop asking the same damn questions it's as simple as that, get it through your f.ucking head!

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 152
This is kinda like watching a Jerry Springer episode.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 239
it kinda reminds me of one too david, but which one is the fat transexual into bondage and stuff?? lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
get a life adam...as you have much to learn you immature b.itch.

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 128
some people cant accept the truth, dont be sensitive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
Dont worry about it adam...you dont know me and thats a good thing. Just mind your own business if you dont have anything helpfull to say.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2179
Hey Mo you should have gotten the 13w6v2's when you were thinking about that set-up you would have been much happier with it over the 10w7's. The only reason I say this is because you already owned the 12w6's and apparently you wernt happy with them or you wouldnt have changed to something else. The 12's in the right enclosure will be louder and sound better in your camry then the 10w7's!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2180
but dont take my word for it I have only owned both of them and told you that two months ago when you first asked!

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
Yeah but i dont think you had it in the H.O. JL custom box for it. I had my 2 12w6v2's in a sealed jl prowedge box. They sounded great SQ wise but i think I will retire my 12w6v2's for the time being. when i think about it the 13w6v2's are to much and very heavy especially for a camry unless i get a custom box built in the car with a ho alternator and a bigger amp like a 1000/1 one you get me. Until i get a truck i will stick with 1 nice subwoofer like a 10w7 in the H.O. box. I take your word that you own both but im not so sure you have reall heard a 10w7 in that H.O. wedge box. Ive heard nothing but amazing things about its output for one sub. I doubt theres any need for 2 10w7's unless you wanna loose hearing fast. I blast mostly rap and i think i will find out and let you know.

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 57
I agree with James. Have both on my floor, the cvs212rg-w6v2 hit harder and cleaner then the HO110r-w7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
Subs sound differant in a car then on a sales floor. The W7 is more boomy and is louder but the 12w6v2 in my opinion is more accurate and better for SQ if installed right.
I have both setups and i will let you know roberto and james once i get the ho110r-w7 hooked up to the 500/1.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2183
Yes MO I had my w7 in the HO box and I did not like the sound it produced at all, and like I said I had the 12w6v2 also in both sealed and ported and it was a better SQL sub then the w7. Your 2-12w6v2's in slot ported enclosures would sound deeper and better then the w7 especially if you listen to rap!

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
james i ran my 2 12w6v2's off a ppi pcx 2200 at 800 watts rms bridged into 4ohms. That was a 2 channel amp. What is the differance between that amp and a class D mono amp like a jl 1000/1 for example or some other amp? What amp did you run them with??? Everyone likeds differant sound and how whould you describe the 10w7 sound in that box??? alot of people liked it that i talked to. Some say its to loud.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2195
OK the problem here is that you ran the 12's in a sealed enclosure. I have run that sub in sealed and ported and it really shined in the vented enclosure. I ran the w6v2 off of a PPI a600.2 qand it was very nice. Now for the w7 I ran it in the HO box with a 500/1 and I had it for about 1month because while the output was nice I was not impressed with the SQ at all! For the price in my opinion I would buy two w6v2's over a w7 ANYDAY of the week and twice on Sunday's! well thats my opinion on that situation.

Silver Member

Post Number: 474
lol thats cool man. If i bring back my 12w6v2's it will go in a ported box next. For the time being i am gonna run the 10w7 with the 500/1. What kinda music do you mostly listen to james??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3622
Sound is a subjective issue. JL designed the W7 to be a SQ/SPL sub, with more emphasis on everyday SPL in more common enclosures than the W6v2. High X-max spec, higher motor strength, long mechanical throw, big surface area. It gets the job done from an overall SPL standpoint in standard enclosures. The way that they achieve the SPL is what I don't like about it. It has a long voice coil and a shorter gap. That helps the x-max spec, but doesn't do quite as well in the SQ department due to the inductance, creating a little less accuracy and more rolloff at higher frequencies. Low bass of it is good, but you'll notice the sub gets muddier as you approach the region that it transitions with the midbass you're using. The motor strength overdamps the driver a bit and results in a boomier response. The distortion is low, but that doesn't tell everything and is mainly due to the fact of motor strength and the linear excursion.

In your case you're comparing a ported W7 to sealed 12W6v2s, but ported to ported, the W6v2s will win hands down due to the surface area. Ported boxes rely more on motor strength than excursion, with a ported box near tuning you're really throwing X-max out of the window as the subs excursion will be severely limited by the activation of the port, you can verify this using WinISD alpha and looking at the excursion charts for subs, you'll see that a sub is at it's shortest throw at the tuned frequency of a ported enclosure, and will be limited for a certain bandwidth above the tuned frequency. You won't hit full x-max at tuning like you would at the resonant frequency of a sealed system. Fact of the matter is that with a ported box, if you put a 32mm x-max sub with a BL (motor strength) of say 15 tesla-meters, against a 20mm x-max sub with a BL of 20 tesla-meters, the one with the shorter throw and the stronger motor would win out, assuming you talking about being near tuning anyway. Digital Designs 9500 series has an x-max around 15mm and wins multiple SPL comps all over the place.

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
Jonathan everything you mentioned makes 100% sense but have you tested or heard the 2 setups in a car. I own the sealed 2 12w6v2's and i loved the sound quality but it gets very heavy when you put 2 12w6v2's in a big sealed jl box in a car like a camry. That is why i wanna go with a smaller and lighter box and sub combonation. I listen to mostly rap and electronica and little pop. Out of all the JL subs i figured the 10w7 whould work the best with the 500/1 in the ho box. The other thing i have considered is to put maybe 1 of my 12w6v2's in a ported box and compare it to a 10w7 in the H.O. Wedge box. The H.O. wedge box has more output then a regular ported enclosure made by a dealer. But you probably already knew that.. let me know any other options. im looking for more spl without sacrificing to much sq..just little.

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 61
MO, Your 212w6s in a sealed box will be around 4db louder than the 10w7 in a ported. And that is on the 500/1. Now if you throw the cvs212rg-w6v2 on a 1000/1, that is a mean setup. Your db would be aboout 7db over the 10w7 ported. My cvs210rg-w6v2 on the 1000/1 slams, and the sq is amazing. Also since they are sealed the sq would also be greater. You do what you think is best, but i am telling ya, you are not going to be happy. The w6s will sound better, get louder and are around the same price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
Thanks roberto..ill look into that in the future. Im checking out other subs also besides my 2 12's. Maybe like one good sub you know. I like listening to differant subs as each is differant. I was looking for maybe one good 12" or a 15". I was thinking the eclipse sw9152 and then james mentioned the avalanche 15" so i dont know..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us