2 Quick Questions

Username: Jacksonms

Jackson, Ms

Post Number: 4
My car will sometimes randomly turn off on me and then sometimes my cd player will randomly turn off is this because I need another alternator. Im running a MTX800.1 and its pushing 2 Vmax 15's.

Also does anyone know where I can get one of those decibal readers that you can put in your car? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 102
Does it turn off, when your listening to your system, or just sitting there with nothing at all... and when, is it when your driving or sitting still???

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1245
It kind of sounds like a wiring problem.
You can get a Db tester at radioshack.

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 65
i agree with taylor...wireing is the first thing that came to my mind....then again, im no taylor. more like....al bundy

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1251
Lol!

Username: Jacksonms

Jackson, Ms

Post Number: 5
It turns off when im driving. Do you know about how much the db tester would run?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1288
You're only running around 800watt's, that isn't near strong enough to completely turn off the car. To do that you would have to have an unbelievable system!:-) It still sounds like a wiring problem, not sure what could make you're car turn off at random like that though. Its kind of funny. Not for sure, but I'm pretty sure it was like $75-100 it isn't real cheap, but its kind of cool to play with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us