What do you guys recommend?

Username: Jl_guy

Post Number: 1
Whats up. I am getting some knew subs. I drive a Ford Escape. I want to get sub(s) that hit hard and loud. I was looking at 2 12 JL W3v2 w/ 500/1 or 1 JL W6v2 also w/ the 500/1. What would be the loudest and sound the best? Also what type of box? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1134
why does JL audio appeal to sooo many peoople, i just dont see it

Post Number: 2
Quality

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2151
JL is very very popular and they make themselves very appealing to the aveage listener by showing their success. I have had a few JL set-ups and loved them all. I guess its like anything though you have to like a subs particular sound to like that brand. I know I cant stand kicker as a whole just because I dont like their sound they produce, the same goes for some people with JL. they produce their own type of sound that is unique to their subs. as far as answering your question they both will sound good. If you really want to get the most out of those subs I would go slot ported to JL specs maybe tuned even a little lower then they recomend. I have a 12w6v2 and I have run it in sealed and slot ported and it gains much more low end authority in the ported enclosure without lacking any SQ whatsoever.

Post Number: 3
thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2153
no prob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help