Im Back!!

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 207
Hey everyone its been awhile since i posted on here wuts everone been up to? Anyways ive got a question,i went to install my comonents in my truck a few days ago and i get the door panel off and take out the stock speaker,and find out that my mid woofers are to deep to fit in the stock location. Is there anything i can do about this? I was thinking about just getting them professionally installed. Do they sell some kind of spacers or something like that?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2229
Hey TWiZTiD, when you say too deep, what's stopping the speaker? If it's just plastic or anything non essential, then cut them out. That is what I had to do. In fact I am purchasing 6" PVC pipe and make a custom enclosure for my components. It'll become almost waterproof then.
Every installer goes through that. When they hit a snag, they think about getting it professionally installed. They basically do that same thing, except in your case, they will charge more since it involves extra work.
You might want to find a tool rental near by.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 208
Its nothing plastic its my window and some metal lookin thing i guess it holds the glass in there or something,so i cant cut it. As for makeing a custom enclosure for them like you are,i am not good with tools or building things at all.So i dont know wut to do.I really dont wanna take it to some kid at best buy or cicuit city,cuz i know thay have no idea wut they are doing. Maybe i should just get some different components.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 241
isaac - never thought of PVC for an enclosure in the door, i've been trying t figure out how to make one in my doors for some JL 6W0's for some midbass, heard they soundlike crap free air.

twiztid - you can try to use a spacer, but if that makes the speaker hit the doorpanel, you've wasted your time and will end up having to do some semi-involved customazation or get some shallow components

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 184
You can cut some 3/4-inch wood in a round shape to fit in-between the door and speaker.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2234
Brandon, I've tested. It works great. You won't find 6" PVCs anywhere except the plumbing stores.
TWiZTiD, I posted earlier suggesting a spacer/ring adapter but somehow my post didn't make it. Oh well, this place sometimes drops it.

Unregistered guest
There are phase alignment spacers available.

They are a designer product that Donald is talking about. They are made of plastic and shift the speaker outwards about 1" or so.

You will find them in home audio more than car audio. If you cant find one that fits your speaker, you will have to go with Donalds suggestion.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 435
hey twiztid. you could try making some MDF spacer rings if you have access to any power tools. i had to settle for the infinity reference components b/c of lack of mouting depth. they are only like 2 1/8" deep, much shallower than most out there. for some higher end shallow comps, check out the focal polyglass slims, and the morel ovation hybrids. hope it helps.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 244
thats awesome isaac, i'm gonna try that, but first i gotta get the 6's (anyone know what they run?? can't be too much) and a good amp for them.
but how could i filter everything but like 80htz to like 300htz or so from going to them. most amps i see you can only use either high pass or low pass, not both....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us