2 Memphis MC 10s or 1 JL 8w7?

Username: Jasmy

Post Number: 1
I have an 04 F150 XCab and only have about 8-9 inches under the seat. I wanted to get the 10w7 but then found out that its just a tad to big to get under the seat. So, I'm trying to decide between the 1 JL 8w7 or 2 Memphis MC 10s to start out with. I Have a MTX 801D amp. I plan to use that this week when i buy the subs and then depending on which setup i go with buy another/better amp when i get paid again.

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 93
The memphis 10s will be louder but the 8W7 will have better sound quality.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 170
Have you considered putting washers under neath the seats bolts to raise it up a little? It's an easy trick and will give you more clearance.

Username: Jasmy

Post Number: 2
I never thought about the washers, not a bad idea but not sure it will work for what i want. The 10w7's have an 8" mounting depth which means i'd need 9.5-10" of room. The clearance of the backseat is right around 8" which means i'd need 1.5-2" of washers and that doesn't sound like a very safe/stable back seat.

I guess I'm going to go with the Memphis if they will be that much louder. I'm going boston acoustics pro60's throughout so i'm going to need the subs to be as loud as possible.

Will it make much of a difference if i throw 2 8w7's and 2 amps in compared to 1 of each?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 175
Have you considered an Ascendant Audio Atlas 12"? JW was telling me they have a mounting depth or like 6.5 inches. Plus they are badass subs that only need around 300 watts, and they retail for like $150 each. I have a 02 Silverado Ext Cab.. so I feel your pain about the limited room, and I am going to get an Atlas.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 468
go with 2 8w7's and a 500/1. It will sound very nice.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 245
2 8W7's will sound nice, 500/1 is a good match, if you wanna push them more i've seen them hooked with a 500/1 to each before, sounded good, no problem handeling the wattage etiher.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us