Downfiring Subs??

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 48
Allright...i've been looking at home theatres for awhile and stuff and i've noticied that like everything has been downfiring. Its for several good reasons and like SVS and stuff show that.
why don't car's ever do that? would there be an advantage at all to it?
even if none other then letting people store their items on top of the sub box and not interfering with the subs

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 44
It isn't used much mostly for space purposes and the way cars are shaped. Some people do have down-firing subs, actually, mounted in the trunks or under their seats.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnysanz3

Post Number: 39
it looks cool behind the seat of a truck tho, my friend has them downfiring in his truck behind his seats and they are all chrome and stuff so they look pretty cool

Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 7
I disagree;

Any speaker that is not standing vertically is bound to ruin its suspension.

The suspension is made up of the spider and surround. It determines the type of bass you are going to get. It is either stiff suspension or soft. These characteristics are designed specifically for a reason, and play a major role in conjunction with the voice coil, magnet, cone weight...Ect.

When a speaker is faced upside down; gravity naturally pulls it downwards. The Xmax is then compromised. When the suspension is weakedned, the driver will start to sound like crap.

IMO this design is a lame way to get more for less, and it reduces life. What a waste.

There are better designs out there for subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us