Does bandpass travel farther than sealed?

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 27
Will bandpass be heard from farther away than say a sub in a sealed box thanks guys for your help

Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 5
depends on the sub.... bandpass is good for rap and heavy bass. sealed is good for quick tight bass response

HellBent
Unregistered guest
Well, you will hear ported from the farthest, then bandpass, then sealed...just because the amout of sound released from the port, dont go bandpass unless your getting it custom to your sub, imo

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 199
yeah, unless the bandpass box is custom made, by someone who knows what they are doing, for the sub, then it'll prob sound like crap.

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 29
well i got the bandpass box foir the new 2005 model alpine type r its 1.20 cubic feet so it looks like its going to work out pretty well my other question is do i need to turn the amp down now like does it need less watts than the sealed box?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 846
Use your ears.

If its overpowering your front stage turn the gains down a bit and yes a bandpass box's biggest advantage is usualy in the efficiency department. It should be a lot louder than a sealed enclosure, but if its not designed specifically for those subs it could very well sound awful.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 847
Oh as far as sounding loud from a distance a large sealed enclosure might produce better results as they generally have better low end extension, but why? If you want others to hear you coming down the road mount that bandpass on your roof.

Kids these days....... ridiculous.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 102
Fishy did you wire your own system?

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 108
Depends how the bandpass box was structured. My friend made a bandpass box for his Fosgates. Before this kid down the street sold him a Road Gear bandpass box. He loved the way it sounded in the road gear box but I thought the box was poorly structured and told him I think he would defintely be more sastified with a better structured box. Had air leaking between the corners of the box. I told him to use a box calc. to for precise dimensions. So he did and made the box very neat and sealed except for the bandpass vents. Talking about a difference, compared to the road gear box heis box made it sound like he added another sub it the setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us