Wiring newbie here. help

Username: Smitts

Post Number: 1
I just bought 2 audiobahn high excursion 12's. I am wondering would a lanzar vibe268 properly power these? They are 700w RMS with 2-4 ohm voice coils. What configuration would be best to wire these with the 2000w amp? I'm looking at this amp because a friend of mine runs the same one with his 2 RF Punch HX2 15's. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 424
there's much better for the money than lanzar. here's a good starting point:
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

Post Number: 2
My friend has the same amp running to his subs and I love the way it sounds and a 2000w amp for 150 bucks is good to me. Can anybody answer my question?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1120
no, do not get that amp....it doesnt put out anywhere near 2000watts, the reason it sounds good is because its probably one of the only systems you've heard, when you've heard $2000+ systems you'll understand what good is...lanzar is NOT good...

Look for an amp that puts out about 500 x 2 @ 2ohms and you'll run those subs pretty nicely...

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 182
It might be a good amp I have never heard it and you have so you know how it can sound. The amps Product Details says nothing about at what volts input and no THD %, so hard to say it the amp will do what they say it will.

2 x 500 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 1000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
1 x 2000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
2 x 800 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms
Bridgeable at 4 Ohms only
2 Ohms Stereo Stable
I guess your subs are single voice coils at 4 ohms. When you say they are 700 watts RMS, is this for one sub or both? Both sub can only be wired at 2 ohms or 8ohms. One 4 ohm sub to each channel at 500 rms watts in each sub should sound ok.

Post Number: 3
They are dual voice coil subs each voice coil is at 4 ohms. An each sub is 700 watts rms.

Post Number: 4
"Look for an amp that puts out about 500 x 2 @ 2ohms and you'll run those subs pretty nicely..."

Any recomendations?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us