How would i hook up theses subs?

ebr6965
Unregistered guest
how would i hook up 2 12'' audiobahn "dub 200" dual 4 ohm coil to an audiobahn A8002t amp. The subs are:RMS (Continuous): 1,400 watts Per Pair / 700 watts Each Sub
2 ohm or 8 ohm operation
the amp specs are:
2X200w RMS @ 4ohms
2X400w RMS @ 2ohms
1X800w RMS @ 4ohms
Class A/B MOSFET power amp
2 ohm stereo stable
1/2/3 channel operation (mixed Mono)
My friend already hooked up the amp but doesnt know how to hook the subs up correctly.
i was wondering if someone could draw me a diagram or tell me where i could get one on how to hook them up

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 769
http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 770
wire the subs like above and bridge the amp.

Username: Rcmaniac01

Rutledge, Tennessee Usa

Post Number: 2
take an wire the subs parallel / parallel that will take the load down to 1ohm make sure your amp is 1ohm stable or just go to
www.audiobahn.com an they got the wiring digram im talking about. an all the info to help u

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1110
that amp is 4 ohm stable bridged and 2 ohm stable stereo...i know, i had one....wire each sub to 2 ohms since they are dual 4...run each sub off its own separte channel....no need to bridge the amp and make it run that much hotter...

Username: Rcmaniac01

Rutledge, Tennessee Usa

Post Number: 3
you could bridge the subs to 8ohms each then bridge the together to the amp for a 4 ohm load

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1112
...but why bridge an amp when you dont need to? its just gonna run hotter then it really has to...and beleive me...that amp gets hot...the little cooling fans dont do much....as hunter can attest to, i modded the cr@p out of mine :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us