Ascendant Audio Components

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 422
i spoke with chad, the owner of ascendant audio, today. as many of you may have heard, they are currently developing some midrange drivers and a component set. he expects them to be ready sometime this summer.

the midrange is supposed to have almost an inch of two-way xmax, ultra-light neodymium motor, some sick power handling, and be priced WELL under $100. he said he's trying to make is so it can take over for the sub at around 60hz, but we'll see.

as for the comps, obviously it's the same midrange driver, he's planning on offering both hard and soft dome tweeters, i forgot to ask about crossover specs, and priced at around $200 for the set.

so anyone looking at getting a new component set soon, i would hold off until ascendant audio releases theirs. i have the Atlas 12 and i am VERY pleased with how it sounds. i'll at least give these new components a shot.

www.ascendantaudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 423
oh yeah, the motor on the midrange driver will be the XBL2 motor, same as in the Adire Brahma and RE X.X.X. subs.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 108
Priced at around $200, thats not too bad. I may have to replace mine comps when those come out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us