Sub cuts out

Username: Nobletatom

Batavia, Illinois USA

Post Number: 8
i have recently been having a problem with my sub. when i have it playing pretty loud and it comes to a pretty bassy part, my sub just stops. I called circuit city(where i got my amp installed at) and had them take a look at it and he said that my wire terminal is bad. he could be right about it, but i think it is fine. i was just wondering what you guys think is wrong with it. i dont think its over heating and going into a safe mode, but i could be wrong.

Unregistered guest
you could have a grounding problem

make sure you have a good solid grounding poing for you amp and make suree that its hasnt heated up and oxidised or anything like that.
i like to use the seat belt bolts or something similar.

i recently had a problem like this. make sure your using the same guage wire for +ive and -ive.

and make sure all you crimp or screw terminals are tight

also crank it up and watch the amp to make sure it isnt going into safe mode or turning off or anthing

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 183
also, you should see if the ohm load is correct. my friend had the same problem and wired the correct load to the amp. it works fine now.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 123
check where your wires connect and looked for a small led that says "prot" or protect or anything that resembles that then crank it up like u would normally and see if that light comes on when it shuts off. if so u might have to low of an ohm load for your amp or your amp is about done
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us