Dont wanna be a statistic EQ and crossover questions

Bronze Member
Username: Pkilla21

Post Number: 32
OK, I live in Chicago and sounds get stolen constantly. So what I need to know is what do I need to install to prevent this? A crossover or EQ's. I want to be able to cut off my subs at any time, particulary a mile or two away from my house so no one in the hood knows i have them. Also, if I need any of this, whats the best for the price, you know quality, or does it matter if all I need it for is to cut off the bass. And if any of you guys have suggesstions on prevention of theft let me know. A friend if mine told me to put some bobwire around and in my box. all suggestions are appreciated.
2 12' JL2w3v
600watt orion amp
pioneer HU
walmart 4gauge amp kit... lol

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4317
what you need is a good alarm system with a pager remote.
look at a Compustar alarm system and have it installed professionally.

Bronze Member
Username: Pkilla21

Post Number: 34
what about the crossover? will that cut off my subs at the push of a button?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4333
you can get an EQ that has subwoofer control that will allow you to turn the sub output on and off, yes.

This still won't prevent someone from looking in the window of your car, and seeing the EQ in the dash though.
trust me. buy an alarm.
I've been in this business for well over a decade and there's just no substitute for a decent security system.
you can even use a silent one. no siren chirps, no LED, just a pager. Keeps from attarcting any unwanted attention.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 29
It may sound too easy, but try turning it down . I have always had killer systems, I just don't advertise them when I get close to home. Don't sit in your drivway with the stereo blasting telling everyone withen listing range " hey look !! I have a system !! Please come steal it !! "

JesseJames
Unregistered guest
You can install a bass switch very easy...

most any sound store will cary them, it works the same as a light switch pretty much. You cut your remote wire to the amp from your head unit, there is a simple switch that you put both ends of the remote wire into. When the switch is turned off, it makes the amp think that your head unit is off and the subs stop hittin. The switch won't be more than $5 and can be mounted on the dash board for easy access.

Bronze Member
Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 53
Here is what I did...I added a switch between the remote wire to the sub amp and the HU. When I don't want to hear any bass I just flip the switch off and it kills the sub amp. A 3 dollar solution from Home Depot.

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 19
I have something for that and it doesnt cost anything except moving your finger to the "mute" button
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us