REAR VIEW MOVIN 2 MUCH ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kit

Australia

Post Number: 12
MY REAR VIEW MOVES WHEN IM PUMPIN IT BUT LIKE I LIKE PUMPIN IT YA KNOW BUT ANYONE ELSE GOT THIS PROBLEM IF SO DID JA FIX IT AND HOW?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 802
Lol, my rearview slides onto a metal clip-like dealie and that sucker is always falling off. Ever since I bought my first amplifier back in '81 I've always considered my rearview mirror a "poor man's dB meter".

If its a vibratin' its a thumpin' too.

:-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 13
it so annoyin ya know it jus slants to one side mann!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Baasic

Michigan US

Post Number: 13
I had the same problem in my s 10. My 2 12" kapp perfects used to rattle the bejezuz out of my rear view. I just got so sick and tired of it that I tilted it up and pushed it against the head liner. Sure you sacrifice the use of it but at least the damn thing dont rattle no more!

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 560
just use your side mirrors. i put silicone in the cracks of my rear view mirror and now you can' hear it rattleing but it still moves to much to use it. So jsut use your side mirrors

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 49
I just used some extra dynamat on mine, but it doesnt help too much, the thing still shakes more than a girl on the dance floor.

thumpinWRANGLER
Unregistered guest
yeah well in my wrangler i cant tell if its my mirror or my backwindow thats causing the sight distortion lol. do any of u guys find that in the rain your window wipers seem to skip off the windshield while in use and not wipe the water off completely?

Username: Iceflamekilla

Hartford, CT

Post Number: 9
I got the same problem but worse. The mirror vibrates so much that it moves down all the time so i have to adjust it every 5 seconds literally. The rearview mirror is totally useless at this point and i'm just tryin to get use to driving without it. But if anyone got any ideas, let me know.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 110
try to take it off and put caulk under it(not hardining caulk but drying ya know) and then screw it kinda tighjt 2 the window...it might work

Bronze Member
Username: Mikey

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 12
I hate when that happens!!! As a matter of fact I just finished ringing the dam thing up right now myself!! I measured where the mirror would always be standing like. Then I marked it with a marker. I crazy glue'd that sucker big time. I placed it back on the glass and up to now it's right in one place and it doesn't move. The bad thing is that the glass will be stuck in one way for ever but hey at least I'll be able to see some

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 170
lol, i was gonna just leave mine off, but found out its against the law to remove the rear view mirror, i'm used to not using it but just hate the ratteling from it, oh and i can't use my side mirrors either, they vibrate too and slowly slip down, lol

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 171
oh and speaking of rattels, does anyone know how to stop a spoiler from ratteling?? i've filled it full of expanding foam, dynamated the whole trunk lid, used rubber (and carpet, and dynamat) spacers between the spoiler and trunk and it still rattels.....

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1862
yea, there are 4 bolts in the trunk lid, tighten them, thats all i did and thats the only thing in my car that doesnt rattle

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1874
There's really not much else you can do besides tighten everything up. Is it a real fiberglass painted one or a cheap alum. one?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 180
its a real fiberglass painted spoiler, thats now filled with expanding foam, that helped a lot with the light strip cuz it ratteled. i'll start tightning every bolt i can, maby add some lock tight if they losen up again. lol thanks

Volvo 2NT
Unregistered guest
In my car the rear view mirror is not my problem, its my side mirrors, i cant see anything out of them when i have my system on.

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 70
i have the perfect solution guys, no freat.. Lose the system... lol, thats about all you can do unless you glue them, but then if you have lots of SPL it wouldent matter. i glued mine, got my 4 hollywoods and the window in my van blew out and the mirror vibrated but it dident rattle!! My vans sides almost hurt to touch because when my systems on (windows down and all) the sides of my van rattle about an inch and a half outward and inward almost instantly and it feels like sticking ur finger into a fans path, lol tic tic tic tic

holyisht
Unregistered guest
u sure its not ur license plate, lol...my spoiler is just fine, but plate rattles to hell even with 4 screws...

Bronze Member
Username: Iceflamekilla

Hartford, CT

Post Number: 24
Put a little sheet of dynomat behind the liscence plate and screw it back in. U shouldn't have a rattle after that.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 19
YEAH THATS ANOTHER ONE OF MY PROBLEMS THE DAMN LICENSE PLATE ENCASEMENT (ITS NOT LIKE I CAN HEAR IT THOUGH) BUT WHEN I GET OUTTA THE CAR U CAN HEAR IT BUT I JUST ADDED SOME PADDING WITH SOME CLOTHS AND STUFF AND ITS NOT THAT BAD BUT ANYWAYS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOUR ALWAYS GONNA GET RATTLING SOME WHERE!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us