2 Amps to 1 Sub

Anonymous

Is this a good idea? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1093
depends if your sub can handle it....you can run an amp to each voice coil...thats basically what you've gotta do with an RE MT...

Anonymous

Yes I meant to say that. Basically I already have one 400w amp (at 2 ohms) and I can get another one for very cheap. So I could get a DVC 2 ohm sub and run one to each coil. Just wondering if this can be done and if it's a good idea. I guess the settings on each amp would have to be the same for it to work right? well duh

Anonymous

Yes I meant to say that. Basically I already have one 400w amp (at 2 ohms) and I can get another one for very cheap. So I could get a DVC 2 ohm sub and run one to each coil. Just wondering if this can be done and if it's a good idea. I guess the settings on each amp would have to be the same for it to work right? well duh

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 838
I wouldn't.

Just get two subs... unless your limited on space. Two subs with 400 watts will usually be just as loud(or louder) than one of the same off 800. In general you get a get a 3 dB increase when you double the power or if you double the displacement. Two subs would actually be louder in this situation if the one driver reaches full excursion at less than 800 watts(very common for most subs).

-Fishy

Anonymous

it's just I could get an SX or somethign for under 300. I can't think of another sub that is 150 a piece that would give me about the same SQ/SPL (with two)

Anonymous

Alpine Type R 2005

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 841
it's just I could get an SX or somethign for under 300. I can't think of another sub that is 150 a piece that would give me about the same SQ/SPL (with two)

Don't forget the price of another amp(including install).

If your dead set on one SX sell the amp you have and get a bigger one.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 84
Possibly a couple os Atlas 12"? They are $150 a piece and only need like 250 watts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us