Do disc changers skip less than normal dash mounted cd players?

Bronze Member
Username: Big_l

Surrey, Surrey England

Post Number: 20
my cd player skips so much especially now i have had my lowered. Do disc changers skip less? if so does it matter where they are mounted and in what position - vert or hori?

Anonymous

You must have a cheap head unit cause I have had my Alpine for 4 years and it STILL doesn't skip maybe you should go buy a disk cleaning kit. and clean the inside laser. and clean your cds.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_l

Surrey, Surrey England

Post Number: 23
no,i mean it skips when i go over a bump, my car is lowered and is a very stiff ride, but you also didn't answer my question, do CD changers skip less than conventional dash mounted CD players?

A friend of mine told me that his CD player used to skip (by skip i mean stop when you go over a pothole or something like that) quite a lot and when he got his Changer it only skipped occassionally.

Anonymous

yes Louis cd chargers skip less thats your answer. what kind of head unit do have right now?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 32
Check to make sure that the rear brace was installed in your head unit, if u drive a volkswagon many times is is difficult to install the rear brace and people just let the deck flop around so it skips over every bump, a securely mounted changer would skip less then;

tiznal
Unregistered guest
I have a 96 VW Jetta and just installed a very nice JVC CD player with 2 12' kenwood subs.....however whenever i turn the music up and the subs hit the cd skips like crazy....i tried changing the cd but they all skip to the point where i cant listen to music....anyone know what my problem might be?

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 84
well I also had that same problem with my system in my 89 Honda Accord but it was easyly fixed by "dynomatting" the bottom part of the CD player. Ort another suggestion is to get a better CD Player because it also stopped when I installed my Pioneer head unit; no dynomat or nothing.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 85
I also had a JVC 12-disc changer in my Oldsmobile and it used to skip a lot because at the time I had a professional install it. I wanted it installed in the top of the trunk. It skipped like hell... then I mounted it on the floor of the trunk then it only skipped when I hit a nice size pot hole. As a matter of fact it didn't skip when I hit a pot hole that damaged my rim.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us