Amp, speaker wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Hittmann

Adelaide, South Australia Australia

Post Number: 25
I have a 4ch US AUDIO 600w rms amp, 2 channels are bridged to the sub, I have 2 4" 120w clarion coxial 2ways that I have replaced the factory in dash speakers with. Is this amp too powerful for these speakers or should I just run them from the HU as I am now and just get a couple of 6x9's and stick em in the parcel shelf and run them off the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 371
instead of buying 6x9's for the rear, you will achieve the best sound quality by doing away with those 4" speakers and getting a good set of components for the front and have no rear speakers. put them in some custom made kick panels or make some door pods out of MDF if you dont mind cutting into your door panel.
6x9's in the rear run by the amp will overpower the 4" speakers in the front and mess up the imaging. here's a good article on rear fill.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 372
instead of buying 6x9's for the rear, you will achieve the best sound quality by doing away with those 4" speakers and getting a good set of 6.5" or 5.25" components for the front and have no rear speakers. put them in some custom made kick panels or make some door pods out of MDF if you dont mind cutting into your door panel. i had the same problem when putting new speakers in my old toyota - there's only room for 4" speakers up front. terrible for achieving good SQ.
6x9's in the rear run by the amp will overpower the 4" speakers in the front and mess up the imaging. here's a good article on rear fill.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us