How loud..

Username: W00b

Post Number: 7
hey guys im just wondering, how loud is 300Watts if you want your system loud, but also understandable? if you know what im saying. i also had a question about tweeters.. if you drive them with more than their RMS rating than they will blow, right? so how do you control the power that goes to your tweeters, and the power that goes to the rest? thanks in advance guys.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 163
300 true RMS watts is starting to get loud if the volume is turned up. But you have to have the whole system set and put together right. With the right box and sub 300 true RMS watts will rattle the whole car.

Bronze Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 12
hmm ok.. it might depend on who is listening, at home i have speakers that cant handle more than 130w, i think my amp is around 540w but im not sure.. it's old (from 1984) akai am-a70 and the speakers are probably 2ft from my ears anyways. i plan to wire 2 550W ATX power supplies in parallel and setup some of my system through that, ill add more if i need to. how many watts would it take to perhaps.. rattle my basement? =P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us