Car monitor in home

jason howie
Unregistered guest
ok i have a 7" tft lcd screen in my car. i want to hook it up in my dorm room. it has 2 wires, red for power and black for ground. if i were to buy an AC to DC power converter, could i hook up the tv in my room? could i connect the 2 wires to a 12 volt cigarette plug and just plug it into there? the only thing im not sure about is if "positive-negative" is different than "positive-ground"

anyone know if this would work or not?
any help would be appreciated...thanks.

jason howie
Unregistered guest
also, is there a cable that converts the cable tv cable into a video rca, or an s video cable?

Anonymous

Dude buy a real TV that goes in your house. Car audio equipment is called CAR AUDIO for a reason it goes in your CAR not a dorm room.

jason howie
Unregistered guest
thanks for no help at all. why did you even post? that was the most useless, helpless comment i have ever seen.

this is a cool project for people that are interested in electronics. someone that knows electronics please help.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 501
I agree, Car Audio is named Car audio for a reason.

jason howie
Unregistered guest
thats just cause you know nothing about electronics so you say that. what is so bad about converting it? is it cause you know nothing about electronics?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 473
Well I know quite abit about Car Audio and I agree with Pat and Anonymous. You need to buy a house television not a car tv. What you are wanting to do is like hooking up a car sound system in your house. Just go out and buy a 13" TV for 80 bucks at WalMart. And once again CAR AUDIO IS FOR YOUR CAR NOT HOUSE OR DORM ROOM.

jason howie
Unregistered guest
you guys are f-cking g-y. straight up. no help what so ever.

Anonymous

Well try buying a home TV you f*cking DUMBASS you want to talk sh!t but you want to put car audio in a damn dorm room. Get a damn job and buy a 13" TV like Jay said.

jason howie
Unregistered guest
how bout you take that 13" tv and shove it into my bottom hole
youre such a plug and player

Bronze Member
Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 18
Here is what you need:
http://www.topedgeonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2853
This is the same power supply I use to test used Car CD players.
Ground and negative are the same thing as far as this goes. This power supply has a positive and negative post as well as a cigarette lighter input.

jason howie
Unregistered guest
thanks man i appreciate it. i just bought it. hope it all works out

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 14
you could also use a computer power supply. if you have one lying around.
use one of the cords that would goto a hdd cut off and use the yellow for 12+ and a black for gnd.

StupidIdiot
Unregistered guest
LMAO Jason you got RIPPED!!! You could have got that POS for 12 bucks shipped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us