DIRECTED AUDIO???good or bad any ideas?

Username: Truckguy

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 8
ok... so i got some money...and i was perty exited to give it to anyone for any kind of subs and amp. so i bought a "directed" amp (350 watts) and some "directed" subs (250 watts RMS) the guy said they were new but they kiked butt i got this 2 items for 250.00 .. 2 10"subs for $$150 and the amp for $$200 did i get riped off or did i get a good deal any suggestion or ideas???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2054
It's supposed to be "good" amp but I don't see how. Their spec is not even close to PPI's PC/PCX series amp. Directed Audio's amp has a damping factor of >50 @ 4ohms. So if you were to operate it at 2ohms, you can see how bad it'll be.
SN Ratio is 60db, a tad too low for my taste.
Just curious why did you go with that brand? For about the same amount of money you could've had PPI PC/PCX series amp. The damping factor on one of them is >500 (not >50), SN Ratio >100db, slew rate >50V/us. You should as the sales guy why he recommended that amp over PPI PC2300.2 amp.
Did you check eBay?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2055
On a side note, since you already bought it, enjoy it. You never know, it might actually sound pleasurable. The thing with sound is subjective. What may sound terrible to one, could be god sent to another.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 358
What about directed audio 1.2 capacitors???? the digital ones..any good

Gold Member

Post Number: 2060
The capacitors are like wires. Most of them are made the same way using similar materials. Sure you'll always have some that are SLIGHTLY better but then they charge premium for it.

Username: Trabadoor22

Post Number: 10
They are very solid amps. Probably one of the most reliable amps on the market. Definitely some of the best customer service on the market. They don't have all the sq guts of higher end amps, but they are still very good. I've never heard their subs so I can't comment on them.

Unregistered guest
I love directed. I've got an 1100d matched with one 600w directed studio 10", dual voice coils runnin about 800w into 2 ohms. It's in an aurora and it still fills it with sound. It doesn't have the initial 'punch' that, say, 12's would have, but sounds awesome. I bought an audiobahn eternal 12" which is 2200w max. I'm buying the directed 2400d to push that and I can't wait to hear how that sounds. If given the chance, buy something bigger, possibly the 750d, or even the 1100d. You won't be disapointed, just make sure you get a capacitor or an optima.(<-my choice)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us