Cubic ft for 2 10's

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 350
would 2 cubic feet without subs be good? so figure after you put the subs in it would be like 1.5 or along the lines of that. good? and should it have a divider for baffle support and sub safety in case one blows out?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1841
yea, tghere should be divider, but we dont know if 2 subic feet would be good, why subs are you using?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 334
You should be able to find out the optimal space for a sealed/ported enclosure from the company who makes the equipment.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 351
the subs im usin you cant find any info on there an older Oz Audio series.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1851
WHAT!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 804
Which 10's do you have? I have specs for 4 different Oz 10's in WinISD.

250(D6)
250 H
250 L
Bfb 10 L

If they're REALLY old subs 1 ft^3 ea may not be enough and they could sound real boomy. Back in the day 1.5 ft^3 sealed was a good ballpark figure for any 10" sub. Now days most mobile audio subs are generally designed for much smaller enclosures.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 106
hey fishy...whats winISD lol

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 352
I really have no idea the only information i have is whats on the speaker,a sticker thats sheild shaped and says Oz on it and a sticker that says Oz audio on it around the magnet. The basket is a dark purplish blackish color. thats the only thing could really tell you bout them and the spiders yellow.

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 808
The Oz subs I heard 10 years ago sounded great, a lot better than the Kicker stuff we were selling at Sound Advice.

Well since you don't and probably never will have any specs you need to stick with a sealed enclosure. If you have the room and aren't running a poopload of power 1.5 ft^3 a side should work or you could go 1.25 to be safe and add some polyfill if it sounds too boomy.

I'd say go smaller but I really HATE the way subs sound when utilized in too small of an enclosure. They'll handle more power with a smaller box but could very well end up sounding like @$$.

-Fishy

Anonymous

I have a question, firstly let me start off my saying, i recently bought 2 brand new 1600 watts max amplifiers and 4 new 600 watts max subwoofers. the Brand is CUSPID, i never heared of it before, but for the price i thought i would give it a try. Are these CUSPID things any good? please leave me some first or second hand accounts you had with this equipment.
PS- the amplifier is a 4-channel but is 2x80wt RMS, does that make any sense?

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 809
Do you have any idea how old these things are?

10 years ago Solabarics were really the only "small box" subs available. If they're that old go 1.5 ft^3 a side.

-Fishy

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 354
Im having the subs put in plexiglass if that matters?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 355
They kinda remind me of adire Shivas the way they look. Ill show ya pics as soon as i can find the Digital camera.

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 810
Never heard of Cuspid and if its new I probably can't help you much. Most of my first hand experience is with "older" stuff.

Personally, despite all the brand hating going on here I think most of today's subs can sound "decent" if used in the right enclosure and most amps perform ok if they don't break.

I hail from the era of the Power EQ and just about anything sounds better than those things.

Go with what you've got. If it sounds good to you, great. If it doesn't..... well I guess you've bought yourself some experience. Sell the stuff to your worst enemy or toss em and get something else.

You usually do get what you pay for, however.

:-)

-Fishy

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 356
Hey fishy, the sound advice down the block from me recently stoped carrying eclipse products is that the same for the one you work at? why did they stop carryin them?

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 811
Hmmm....... plexiglass huh.

You might wanna build yourself a test enclosure for just one sub before you fork out any serious cash.

Build it 1.5 ft^3 and stick bricks or books in it or something until you find what volume sounds the best. If its a recent sub 1 ft^3 may just be fine.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 812
Nah, I worked at the Plantation and Hollywood stores, although my 10w3's came from the one on Yamato. I only worked at Sound Advice for about 3 months(about 10 years ago) before I decided that I wasn't meant to be a salesman and went back to driving boats. I was always trying to get peeps the best deals which didn't help my paycheck much(not much commision on scratch and dent stuff :P) and just didn't feel confident pushing hugely overpriced and generally uneeded wiring and extended warranties.

I woulda made a better installer.

-Fishy

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 358
my sted dad is building it for me at his plexiglass shop im gettin everything for free. did you know that anything they make at any plexiglass shop is almost pure profit. The actual materials used in making the plexiglass enclosures only cost no more then like 20 bucks when you have to pay like 250.
the only thing you actually pay so much money for is for someone to put it together nicely.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 359
hey I live on yamato and 2nd ave.(2nd ave also known as boca raton blvd.)

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 814
lol, I've got a box I built for some 10w6's(.75 ft^3 a side) you could try em in........ but traffic's kinda bad right now and I need a nap.

:-)

you got got windows messenger?

-Fishy

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 361
no i got AIM tho.

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 817
Hmmm.... I may be at the Lauderdale store tonite or tomorrow and could bring a couple of enclosures if you wanted to see how those 10's sound.

Just a thought. I've got both a .75 and 1.5 ft^3 box we could try.

-Fishy

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 363
ok so what are some good dimensions to use. i was aiming at 2 X 1 X 1 . which is 2 feet without subs.
I was gonna have the sub put 1 inch from the side top and bottom and 2 inches in between each sub in the center with the divider supporting it if you what im sayin. ( you confuse me with the .75^3 talk I know its cubed but its easier for me if yoou give me measurements in LxWxH)

Silver Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 819
I always match the dimensions to the vehicle. Just find the max width and height the box can be and then extend the depth til you get the right volume(s).

Where and in what are these subs going into?

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us