Headlamps on the fritz

Username: Andy1984

Saint Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 4
I just recently hooked up a 300W amp to my two 12" sony xplod subs. I had it hooked up and wired for about two days. I started to tweek the levels on the amp and my lights just started acting like I was sending moarse code or something. I unhooked the power wires from the battery post and the lights are still doing the same thing. The wierd part about it is that the headlamps are the only things that are acting like this. I was thinking maybe that the previous owner of the car didn't run the hotwire for the stereo to the right spot. Then I unplugged the stereo and the headlamps are still doing the same thing. So what do you guys think that it is? Have you ever heard of anything like this before? I know it haS to be a short somewhere but where. THis didn't start happening until I hooked up the subs to the system.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 162
sounds like the car might have an alarm without a siren, mine did what your describing when hooking up an amp. its gotta be a wireing issue, track down all your wires, make sure its grounded in a good spot, just try things till it stops is all i can tell you

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 98
your just pushin tooo much power throught there.....lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us