Box tweeking

will c
Unregistered guest
when using the factory box layout to build the box is alright to trim an inch or a 1/2 inch off the height of the box so it will fit in my trunk? its ported if that matters...(box is 14 1/2'', i need about 13 3/4 or 14''H to fit can i just lower the height dimension and nothing else w/o effecting sound to much?)

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 107
id say iot wont effect it 2 much

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 166
you're gonna trim 1/2" of the height, but what about thw width and depth ? you gotta take that into consideration too. 1/2" off the top may not seem like much but if the box is 30" in depth and 40" in width then that couyld turn out to be a pretty big chunk you're gonna be reducing the box by. Get me? It's no big deal is just that you're gonna have to figure out the correct port lenght for your tunning. Easy fix. There's a link around here somewhere that can help you figure out the port lenght for your "reconfigured" box, I'll look for it and post it.

will c
Unregistered guest
alright thanks a lo t!

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 113
tell us the resultsd

Bronze Member
Username: Williamc

Post Number: 30
im getting 1 ED ov.2 12'', so the box will only will be about 1.5 cu-ft. u think i would be better off only changing the height, or taking 1 '' off of every dimension(including the port)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us