JL 1000/1 on X.X.X.????????

Anonymous

ive been hearing that the jl 1000/1 is underrated is that true??? well even if its not will the 1000/1 be a good choice to supply this sub? will this give the X.X.X. its full potential?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1175
Yep, if the box is built right, the x.x.x only needs around 1000 rms to reach full excursion. That amp will work fine.

Anonymous

where can you find the jl audio slash series amps for a decent price?

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 157
where can you find the jl audio slash series amps for a decent price?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1178
www.sonicelectronix.com I believe has a few JL amp's, and www.wooferetc.com has some as well.

Username: 1ohm

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 1
I was told by Mark at RE today that the X.X.X .12 will need at least 1200 watts to reach full exusion,He talked me into buying the X.X.X. over the SX becouse I am running an Orion 275g4 and want to do a sealed enclosure.never the less If your set on running a class D amp look for a Brutus BX2005D 2000watts. It is cheaper and it matches your X.X.X.'S spec's much better.(1600 RMS 2500 MAX) Don't be fooled..Hifonics is a good amp!I'm not knockin JL but" get your watts man!!!!your sub will thank you for it

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 147
NO Way!!!! do not go hifonics!!! That amp will NEVER put out 1600 w rms. Thats why they're so fu(ken cheap...

Username: 1ohm

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 5
If the BX2005D won't put out that kind of watts then I stand corrected.Just trying to give more options.I have never owned any of the new Hifonics but I have used the old school ones.VERY POWERFUL and CLEAN...I have just been informed that that JL amp will do 1200 watts...The kicker kx1200.1 is not a bad amp I'm told that it will do 1400 watts at 1 ohm and it is cheaper as well.I don't think that the 1200 watts will give it full potential in a sealed box.But if your after a ported box it may be the ticket.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 440
yeh but the hifonics will put out around 1350 so it'll put out the power needed.

Username: Lilgator

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1
I called RE with the same question about using a Orion 1200D with a X.X.X. 12" and they told me I would get more output of of two 12" SE's. So I ordered 2 SE's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us