Help me make up my mind guys

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 114
im finally about to buy a new system but i need some advice from u guys. i want one with alot of spl but some sql so that it wont sound horrible. the subs im looking at are 1 18" avalanche ($399), 2 Atlas 15" ($320),or 2 Type R (1242 or 1222)($298). the amp i purchase will depend on which subs i go with but the amps are either a jbl 1200.1 or a mtx1501d. jbl is 1 ohm stable and mtx is 2 ohm, not sure if it will go to 1 ohm or not. If u have any more ideas for a setup feel free to tell me. I would like to keep the subs at around $400 and box size is no option. Tell me all u know or heard about those subs in comparison to each other

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2023
18in avalanche in as big f a box as you can fit with the JBL 120.1 run at 1ohm will sound fantastic:-)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1231
i think i would go with the avalanche, and the jbl.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1732
YES go with the avalanche, that would be very nice lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
so u think the single avalanche 18 would be louder than 2 atlas 15s?

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
would also have to change my name to "18AvyThumping" or something like that :-)

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 439
yeh a avalanche is a must and yup you would have to change ur name.lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2055
When I ordered my avalanche 15 chad told me that the avalanche 15 on a cpu graph has the same output as two atlas 15's so that would mean that 1-aval 18 woulld have the same output as 2-atlas 18's:-) now also on the same scale 2-avalanche 15's have the same output within 1db of 1 avalanche 18 so you cant go wrong with that. Also you would deff have to change your name:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 78
I got an Avalanche 18 and it pounds as hard or harder than my 2 15" L5's but a ton better sound quality and thats in a sealed box. To bad my is screwed up and sounds like crap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us