JL Audio with MTX amp

Username: Molaq

Waltham, MA USA

Post Number: 9
Hi All,

I recently replaced the stock deck in my 2000 Ford Explorer with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P770MP. I am now looking to upgrade the speakers. For now I am just planning on hooking up a front component set with a 2 channel amp. This is what I am currently looking at:

JL Audio XR525-CSi ($250)
either MTX Thunder 342, 85Wx2 ($139)
or MTX Thunder 502, 125Wx2 ($189)
(also looking at kicker amps in the same range)

I listen to a lot of vocal accoustic folk/rock/pop (sting, sara mclaughlin, bob dylan, etc.) as well as a fair amount of classical and a little jazz.

Anyone have comments on how this setup would work for me. Suggestion on possible alternatives in this price range (4-5 hundred for speakers and amp). Suggestions if were to spend six to seven hundred (image dynamics perhaps)? Would i hear much difference between $250 speakers and $450 speakers? Any comments welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 48
SQ is all preferential. You should look into CDT for components, and the MTX502 or a Kicker650.4 will do. The Kicker would be a better suggestion if you plan on adding a subwoofer later on. Either way you are going to want to audition components at your local audio shop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us