Mid bass/ mids and highs set up help....

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 143
hey, ok i'm looking for a component set up that will sound good with my 13W7. i have kick panels that will hold a 6.5 woofer (normal mounting, nothing recessed like MB Quart) and 1 inch tweeter. i wanna make some pods in my doors for a second set of tweeters and put some mid bass speakers in my doors.

i'd kinda like to keep everything JL (or have all speakers of the same brand) so i was looking at the XR's (and Adire's), putting a pair in the kicks.
i wanna wire the second set of tweeters parallel to these components and power them with a JL 300/2.
now for the mid bass, i was looking at the JL 6W0's but they won't fit in my doors, so i'm lost as to what to do. i wanna run a 300/2 like i said above, and run a second to the mid bass speakers.

first i guess, how is the midbass of the XR's??
and how are the Adire's??
and is there an way to like get 2 sets of XR's, only hook the woofer of one set to their crossovers and wire 2 tweeters and a woofer off of the other crossovers??

Adire makes a mid bass kit (half my problem solved) and they sell tweeters, but it doesn't sound like they come with crossovers (the other half)

if anyone gets what i'm talking about, any help or suggestions would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3551
Adire did have the Koda components at one time, not sure right now though. They'll come out with another set before too long. The Kodas have more midbass than the XRs, the XRs are pretty good, but not fantastic. The sets are pretty similar, the Kodas are more balanced due to the tweeter, work better off axis, and have more midbass.

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 146
yeah, i see that they are changing locations and everything, which is fine cuz i'm in no big rush. i really need the mid bass cuz thats what i'm really lacking. do you know if the tweeters they offer come with their own crossovers?? doesn't say in the discription. also, are they real harsh at times like some can be?? i've never heard them, but heard good things.
i have a set of boston RC620's right now, they compare??
wow, thats a lot of questions, lol, sorry

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 152
What about diamond audio, the S600 series?? better then Adire's and JL XR's?? they make a midbass kit too, so that'll work

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3553
Not sure if the individual tweets come with a crossover or not. You'd just have to email Adire for that one. The tweets are very smooth for a metal dome, not harsh or fatiguing, but still very detailed. Not quite as laid back as a soft dome, though. Diamond makes great sets too, I personally don't like the S600 quite as much as the XRs and Kodas, but it's up to your ears. Rainbow Audio has great component speakers, very accurate and smooth, and the midbass is killer. The Professionals are attainable online and offer a midbass upgrade.

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 154
killer midbass is what i'm looking for, lol, the rainbows sound good from what you say, i'll look around online for some info, but on their web site i take it your talking about the Profi line or Profi Vanadium Line?? also, each list 3 different 6.5's, normal, kick and phase plug, whats the difference?? thanks for your help Johathan

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3554
Yeah, I was talking about Profi or Profi Vanadium. Kick has more emphasis in the midbass region for cars that need it, it's a punchy midbass set. The normal set uses a typical dustcap and is designed for a flatter response, still great midbass. The phase plug set has a machined phase plug which functions to smooth out frequencies near the crossover frequency and also reduce weight of the cone, midbass is still great and the upper midrange from the mid is very smooth and non fatiguing. Either set is great and all provide great levels of midbass. Rainbow Audio is one of the best kept secrets in the car audio world :-) Not too many know about them or use them. Problem is you won't be able to hear them much besides at competitions. The Koda set has great midbass as well, also Resonant Engineering's sets. There is a review of Rainbow Professionals here:
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=446
And that was just for the 5.25" set.

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 155
that sounds great, now to find the profi kicks or profi vanadium kicks for a good price...and maby i won't have to worry about adding on a mid bass kit. know of a good place to find a pair??

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3557
http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&manuf=58
Really it's nearly the only place I've seen Rainbow online since ampman is gone.

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 158
yeah, thats the only place i've been able to find them too. i just don't know if i wanna spend that much on them, i can get the diamonds or XR's for half that price. i still gotta get new amps to power these once i get them too. replaceing the alpine mrv-t420.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us