Help plz

buickregal
Unregistered guest
how do i hook up subs to a stock radio?? theres no place to put any wires axcept for the stock pluggins what do i do?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1998
you can tap into your head units front and rear power if you get a wiring diagram and bridge it down front and rear but I highly dont recomend it you will be giving your stock units amp a 2ohm load also like 3 watts to your subs without a x-over. not a good idea at all!

Unregistered guest
i do do that, i use the regular speakers wire but they sound like regular speakers, i want it to sound like subs with out putting a new headset in and use amps with it

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1651
well the hu will make it produce sound, with an amp that just creates pure bass

Unregistered guest
so i can just use the regular wire that was hooked up to the stock speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1652
i wouldnt

Unregistered guest
i have a new headset but no manuals or even the box my car has a stock equalizer that is seperate from the radio, im not putting that in yet i just want to know what to do with the wires for the subs

Unregistered guest
im not putting the headset in yet**

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2000
alright I am lost here. do you have an amp or no? are you trying to run the subs off of your deck and have it sound clean? that wont work! The only way you can run that is to run a bass blocker that will run a cut off at 80 htz to your subs. With only litterally at best 5-10watts of power you are not going to get decent sound out of your subs unless you have a pair of subs from the early 80's with a 25watt rms power rating. what kind of subs are they? I need more info as to exactly what you are trying to do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us