Hows base sound in diff types of vehicles?

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 79
hey doods
im gonna be getting a new car, suv, or truck kinda soon, but im leaning to a car. if i put my 15"x.x.x. in the trunk, will it sound muffled or not be as loud or sumthin, or would it sound close to the same if it were in a diff type of vehicle??

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1534
well in different vehicles there are different cabin gains, so each vehicle would make it sound different, im pretty sure in the suv it will sound the loudest

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 80
yeah i was kinda guessin that, but say i got a car and put it in the trunk, am i still gonna be able to hear it like kinda close to as loud as it if were to be in a suv?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1538
it wont be AS loud, but it will still be LOUD, like i have a neon, and when i put my stuff in my ttrunk i can fold down one oof my rear seats and it dramattically improves the sound

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 81
ok, do u face your subs towards the front or back of the car?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1539
the rear, sounds much better

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 382
most people fire there subs towards the back of the trunk because bass sounds better when it is reflected of walls. Say for instance SS's. their boxes like to be fired towords the back. When you fire towrds the inside it doesnt soudn a nearly as good and loud as you firing it towards the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 383
most people fire there subs towards the back of the trunk because bass sounds better when it is reflected of walls. Say for instance SS's. their boxes like to be fired towords the back. When you fire towrds the inside it doesnt soudn a nearly as good and loud as you firing it towards the trunk.

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 82
aight thanks!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1544
no prob, good luck

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 199
Ive heard systems in cars,trucks, and suv's. And honostly i think its the loudest in an extended cab truck(im not just sayin that cuz i have a truck either).Its loud and sounds good with the windows up,but when you unroll both windows other ppl can hear it very very good,even tho you might not be able to that good in the truck.Just my opinion tho.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
the best car iv heard a system in was a gmc envoy, the cars suppostto be accoustically tuned. the kid was running 2 kicker comp vr's with about 200 watts to each

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 83
yeah twiztid, right now i have a ford f-150 lariat with 2 12" mtx road thunder subs, i know there not the best, but they bump pretty good. i have them right ontop of my back seats lol

Anonymous

I have a tahoe and it slams. I sold my system to my friend who has a camry and it was much louder in the tahoe. Suvs are better cause u can fit more in them. haha

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1645
suv's have a good cabin gain

Unregistered guest
how do i hook up subs to a stock radio?? theres no where to put any wires
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us