PPI PC2300.2 vs JL 300/4? Help!

Username: Coloursinmyhead

Post Number: 1
newbie here, so i'd appreciate your patience =)

I'm waiting on a JL Slash series 300/4 amp that I was planning on bridging to power a pair of Infiniti Kappa Perfect components. In the meanwhile I saw what I thought was a deal and jumped--a PPI PC2300.2

AFTER I paid, I realized that the amp's 300 watt ratings was at 2 ohms. The PPI is only 75 watts at 4 ohms, hypothetically half of the JL's. Which of the two should I keep?

I'm planning on also picking up an Image Dynamics IDQ10, so would keeping both amps and using one to power the sub be a better option than reselling these on eBay?

btw, i have Infiniti Kappa Perfect 6.1 components and an Alpine 9833 headunit.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2085
I'd keep the PC2300.2 amp. If you ever listen to it, you'd realize that it's one of the best amp for the money, plus one of very few that was US made.
I'll give you some of the spec in case you forget:
Slew rate: >50v/us
SN Ratio: >100db
Damping factor: >500
Built in crossover 90hz.
75w rms @4ohms, 150w rms @2ohms.
Bandwidth: 4.5Hz - 100KHz.
Sensitivity: 120mv - 12v
Power: 300w rms @ 4ohms bridged.

Username: Coloursinmyhead

Post Number: 2
your recommendation of it on these boards was one of the reasons i bought it.

do you think it'll be the better choice for my components in spite of its RMS rating being half the JL 300/4's?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2091
Look at it this way, you can always buy JL 300/4 amp anytime, where as PC2300.2 amp is very limited, plus it is one of the best amp produced.
If I ever needed another amp for components, I'd buy 2300.2 amp in a heart beat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us