CDT - 61 / KAPPA / KAPPA PERFECT (jonathan)

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 77
Give me your opinion on these three sets. How much better is the perfects from the kappas and how does the cdt compare. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 104
I personally prefer the sound of the tweets on the CDT's...and other than that there isn't much difference except the price (only my opinion)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2070
The biggest difference would be the product itself. You can no longer compare brands without checking the actual speaker physically.
Diamond Audio/Infinity are 2 companies for sure that have switched over to cheaper countries. Diamond M661 component system for example, used to be 175w rms, now it is 100w rms and made in China. The tricky part is, they kept the same model name.
I have Infinity speaker that was made in Japan, now it's made in overseas.
So I strongly urge you to visit a shop and listen. Then before buying, check the country of origin/made.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
I understand I should listen to the speakers myself, but I have no where to listen to any speakers that I am interested in. The nearest place is about 3 hours away. That gives me a drive time of 6 hours round trip, $40 of gas, and an entire day used(which I do not have many of). I have narrowed it down to these 3 in the title from alot of reading and price range. That being said, I believe Ill take my chances on the advice of somone like jonathan, glasswolf, or others who know alot about car audio. The $200 I will spend on the set is worth taking an educated guess as oppose to the all day driving adveture. So feel free to ramble on about the TYPE OF SOUND and opinion on these 3 sets. Thanks
Brian

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3532
Infinities (both) have a little brighter sound to them, very clear, with stronger tweeters than the CDTs and a little more focus in the upper midrange region. The tonality works well with hard rock and other genres that sound somewhat muddy in reality. The Perfects are the stronger set, Kappas are a bit more balanced. Midbass is good, nothing exceptional. Imaging is good, work pretty well in factory locations. Love em or hate em deal, some like the crisp sound, some find them bright and harsh at times.

The CDTs have a warmer feel to them, more neutral. Clarity, midbass is good, and it is a balanced set overall. Well rounded, works well with vocals and acoustic music, as well as rock and other genres.

If you want a set with more of a power feel to them, you'd want the Infinities, if you want more balance, I'd give that to the CDTs. Utmost accuracy I'd give to the Perfects.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Thats just what I needed Jonathan, thanks. I listen to about 60% acoustic and heavily vocal oriented music. 40% other. With that being said I think that I will go With the CDTs. I hear the CDTs - 61A on TheZeb are same drivers as the CDT - 61 with just have a physical colar variation. Would they be safe to order?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Also Jonathan, was your summary describing the soft or titanium CDTs.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 105
I believe he's talking about the silk tweeters...see if you can find some CDT-CL62's instead of the 61's (I got mine on Ebay for $199)...they have a better tweeter, crossover and can handle quite a bit more power

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3539
Soft domes, but the titanium dome CDTs still aren't quite as bright as the Infinity tweeters. kklagge is right about the CL-62s if you can get them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I have a PPI PC 2300.2 to deliver 75 X 2 at 4 ohms and 12V. I figured this would be a good match for the cl61. If I got the cl62 would this be sufficient power?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Also Jonathan I see you mentioned that infinities work well in factory location. I plan on mounting my components in my factory location in my 2002 ford taurus. That is in the lower front of the door behind the pannels. Which brand (infinities or cdt) would work better back there, or would both work good? If I mount the tweeters behind the door panel will I loose SQ? Should I make an effort to put the ontop of the panel?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us