Can anyone tell me whats the loudest sub on the earth

Username: Lyon145

Aurelia, IA Usa

Post Number: 3
i have an unlimited budget and i want the loudest you can have, i just don't know what to get can anyone help me out.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1021
no possible way to answer that question...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1184
digital designs 9917. or atomic apocolypse. hard to answer. adire parthenon

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1023
anything made by boss....feed its 2000 watts...thing will be loud as heck....when it completly implods....yes i said implod

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1186
lol. i love boss. its up there with dhd, and rockwood. best stuff ever made

dat dude
Unregistered guest
home or car audio i dunno the JL gotham is a beast

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1249
josh the loudest sub on earth would most def have to be the 34 inch audiobahn cough...god i feel sick

Bronze Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 13
No, its going to be the Prototype. Wait for that.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1251
haha...i wont be the prototype lol,well i doubt it would be

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1103
Google it and see what some of the world record holders wher running.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 292
Adire Parthenon, 173mm one way xmax i believe(XX.X is ONLY 32mm). Buy that and build a custom frame and cone/suspension.

Username: Bigdanman

The OC, CA USA

Post Number: 7
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/prototype12.1.wmv

RE Prototype looks pretty good to me...

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1196
if the prototype came in an 18 then maybe

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 478
not even close guys, its the mtx jackhammer.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1284
nope i doubt its that either

Bronze Member
Username: Jlojko

Post Number: 25
if u have an unlimited budget hire a bunch of scientists and engineers to build the greatest sub ever. Or just go to a major sub company and talk to them about a completely custom driver...if ur too lazy to try that call tc they make custom drivers

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 302
yeh but u need 2 buy 50 units in order to get it special made

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
so then the first idea. hell if u got the money start another company like JL and give me sh*t fo free

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1329
do you really have to but 50 of them...how much would that cost

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 303
lmao

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1333
lets do a group buy on here

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 79
What about that 60" MTX that imploded the bread truck it was housed in?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1337
what are you talking about

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 41
Strength to Moving Mass/Area ratio is highest with the MTX Jackhammer. Wether you think it's the loudest or not, it has the capability of creating sound pressure levels higher than any other conventional sub. Now as far as amplitude, which is relative to spl, there are a few other low production woofers that have been assembled that can deliver more amplitude than a jackhammer.

Think of it like this:

Lets start out by comparing two types of woofers, woofers A and C, by horsepower. Now...
sub A 100 horse
sub C 25 horse
(also note both have equal cone area)

You would think that four C subs could create as much sound pressure level as only one A sub.
This isnt always the case.
Lets do an experiment with sub A and C so this can be better understood.
We'll start out with two 6" pvc pipes with a diameter the same as the woofer's voice coils.
Each pipe will be afixed to the top of the woofer where the cone and voice coil meet.
Next we will be connecting the maximim positive DC voltage each woofer can handle. What we are looking for and measuring here is the amount of physical weight each woofer can lift. In this experiment we wont be comparing suspension ratios or anything like that, just raw "horsepower".

Now that we've determained sub A can lift 100 lbs and sub C can lift 25 pounds we have come up with a new way of measuring the subs strength.
So with this in mind lets get back to comparing these two subs in a real life atmosphere.

Lets say sub A created a maximum 160 decibals of spl.
You would tend to think that four of the C subs could do 160 as well however this isnt possible for this reason.

Sound pressure level does not even out or distribute it's force to each idividual woofer, the pressure level will be equal on all four woofers in turn limiting the spl to the woofers "horsepower".
So, no matter how many subs you pack in the car you are still limited to it's individual strength.

Now back to the MTX Jackhammer, the one that weighs 320 lbs, 22", and has tons of power handling, yeah, I think this sub will crush anything else out there. But then again, this is only my opinion :-)

(btw, this "experiment" of course is not an accurate way of testing, What I intended however is to give a visual image and understanding of how important motor strength is in spl regardless of xmax and all the other variables)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1345
Strength to Moving Mass/Area ratio is highest with the MTX Jackhammer

how do you know this, and when you add more subs to a system..its only like a 3-4 db increase as in doubling power as well....but if this sub is soo ungodly, how come not so many people use it in competitions, how come i cant find it for sale. if its just that great, why isnt everyone out there with ubers of money trying to get ahold of this sub

Dat dude
Unregistered guest
who care about the one loudest sub it's about quantity if all you want is it to be ridiculously loud

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
This sub was just introduced a few months ago at the CES show, and believe me, there will be plenty of first place trophies with this woofer.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/news/newsTemplate.cfm?ID=1264

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
dat dude, re-read my previous post, quanity doesnt mean jack squat when it comes to "ridiculously loud", the size of the woofers balls mean the most in spl.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1350
what kind of motor is it running? what makes it stand out besides its 900 oz magnet and its 22 inches and 330 pounds...please tell me how it stands out,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
CES shows are bangin.....im actually at one right now in vegas

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1355
actually there isnt really a single thing that means the most in spl, i would say the air its the motor strength. but dat dude. lol...get out of this convo if your not going to know what your saying lol

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 42
Remember most all manufactures stats include the top plate, back plate, and the yolk in thier magnet weight. Where as MTX isnt giving you the motor assembly weight of 900oz, no, thats just the magnet itself at 900oz, which I might add is the largest magnet on a woofer ever. I've spoken with MTX a few times about this woofer, even before its unveiling at CES, what really gives you a sense of its size is knowing that there wasnt a charging table large enough for the magnets they designed for this woofer.
So, they had to custom order what is now the largest charging table in the world at over a quarter million dollars just in order to charge the magnets on this beast. And the rating of 5000rms, that means wrms, not burping power. A 50,000watt burp is more like it.

Dat dude
Unregistered guest
zac i understand wat your saying but for instance take 15 18in solo xs you think one sub can hit hard then 15
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/07/02/popsci.stereo.kill/index.html
by the way wats that jackhammer hitting

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
manufacturers

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1357
dat dude...ok yea adding 15 subs would add a ton no matter what, but if you took 4 sony p5 15's and stacke dit up to a 15 inch Mt, the mt would eat them alice, but adding UBERS of solox's which i doubt you could properly power, properly box, run correctly it wouldnt do that great

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1358
zac, i see what your saying, but i still dont understand how this is the BSET EvER, what about cutom woofers and so on and so forth for example those german scientists who hit 177 with like 2 subs i thinjk..i dont remember, but what do you mean by charging table?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
CES shows are bangin.....im actually at one right now in vegas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
damnit idk how that worked but i posted twice like 5 posts later

Dat dude
Unregistered guest
ummmm i know wat im talkin about i understand wat u guys are saying too but i still exit the convo cuz i see ur runnin this sub forum

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1363
sorry i did not mean to be mean...i spologize dat dude, just in a bad mood today damn ex lol, she shall pay...any good plans lol

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1205
you would have to make a tank of a box to hold the jackhammer, not to mention the size of it. if you have the money, then space is the problem, he would just be able to afford the sub, and not a 3000+ dollar amp setup

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 377
dat dude...how many times are you going to post that CNN link????d*mn ive seen it in like 4 different posts.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
HiFonics has made the 10,000wRMS
XX Maxximus Mono-Block
Ultra D-Class Design
4-Ohm Power Rating 2x5000
2-Ohm Power Rating 1x10000/10kW
hes just needs 13 of those to match his 130,000 van, but man he'll need like what double 0 GA wire?
but anyway, I dont see the point of making loud noise to just beat the guy next to you, but hey if you want to hear a system over a jet or spaceshuttle... neat yes but nothing you can enjoy.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1467
how much is that amp giong to cost?

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 82
Loudest sub:

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/9941/groerbass.jpg

The 60" MTX. It hit somewhere around 160db @ 20hz before it imploded the truck.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 126
Dude, how can you all forget about great brands like Pyle and Pyramid LOL jk, the loudest sub would probably make you go deaf in the first hour of listening anyway, not really, but eventually it would.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1495
imploded? i must see a video for this, and did mtx build it, or did that dude sitting there just get bored with money

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 353
he had to get bored with money, Who the he!! would would do something like that. I know i would. lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1501
lol yea bass, lets do it lol, i couldnt imagine, i mean seriously, thats like an ant standing the box of an MT or X.x.x or somen lol, imagine having a box big enough for you to get into and sitting in there while the music is playgin

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 361
yeh and have it ported with a sub like that and the air from the sub is sitting there tossing you around back in froward. That would be fun

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1511
way tooo intense
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us