Would a capacitor fix my problem

Username: Volfenhag1200

Post Number: 3
My amp does fine until I turn my bass up then it blows my fuse. I think I am gettin a power overload. If I got a capacitor and hooked it up would it fix this problem?

Anonymous

no.....the only thing that will fix your problem is to get a bigger fuse, but be careful because when you get a bigger fuse you are allowing more current to travel thru your power cable....each gauge of cable can only safely handle a certain amount of current safely so if you just throw in a bigger fuse, the fuse wont blow anymore but you may melt your cable. You might have to also upgrade your power cable to a bigger gauge.....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2058
What is the amp's internal fuse size? What brand/model is it? Do your lights dim with heavy bass?

Post Number: 4
It has two 40 amp fuses on the amp. Its a Volfenhag 2000 watt amp. And yes my lights dim when I play heavy bass. Do you know what the problem is?

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 118
Power hungry amp. Feed it. "More juice, please!" What class amp is that(x,d,a/b)?

Post Number: 5
What do you mean by a class amp?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2061
Bradley, you'll need at least 80A fuse near the battery. Do not go over that amount.
Unless you have HO alternator, chances are your stock is only 65A - 75A max.
Therefore if your amp is trying to draw more than allowed, it'll try and get the power from the battery. If that gets drained (battery is dead), then your alternator is next. That is not all, your internal electronic system will either shut down or get damaged.
Not really worth it. The repair cost will be 5x - 10x the cost of HO Alternator.
So save up your money and invest in HO Alternator.
Don't ignore dimming lights. It is a very serious warning.

Post Number: 7
Its Max Power Output-1000Wx2
2 Ohm- 300Wx2
4 Ohm- 200Wxs
Bridged Power @ 4 ohm- 600Wx2
I have an 80 amp fuse at battery and 40ampx2 on the amp.
I have the subs connected at 2 ohm and in parallel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us