What amps to get?

Username: Cooter_lips101

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 1
Im gettin 3 12" ECLIPSE TITANIUM Sw9122 which has Power Handling 1500W (Peak), 750W (RMS)
Impedance 4 ohm
Peak Power Handling 1500 Watt

and im gettin a PPI amp ut i dont know which one to get. I want a hook u that'll get the max power out my subs. Dony worry about money.

look here and tell me>>> http://www.audio-n-more.com/PPI/precision_power_amplifiers.shtml

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1393
for ppi amps i would suggest getting the PPIDCX 1500.1 amplifier, if your set on the 3 ti's i would suggest just getting 2 of them, wont be a huge difference in sound

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 2
Well if its nto a big difference then y should i get two cuz thats another 400.

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 3
Wut battery and alt do u suggest.
I c u have a ot of experience so imma go wit whatever u say.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1401
well you dont really have to get too lol, but that would be pretty amazing, but wanna know my suggestion then?

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 5
Sure. U reallie think it'll sound good?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1406
are you going for sq or spl

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 8
I want it too sound good and b loud. I want people to b able to hear a long ways away.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1410
then stick with the 2, but what i was gonna suggest is since your not getting the 3rd sub, gert it ina double snail shell box, www.powered4sound.com very nice, and/or upgrade 2 2 15's as well lol

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 9
So the 3 12's would b too much n wouldnt sound great but the two 12"s will sound good. And i would get 15's but they dont make 15's in the Sw9122. If they do then give me a site.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1031
...they dont make 15"s in the SW9122 because that 12 in the name there is for 12"....the 15 would have a different tag line...i know they make 15" eclipse Ti subs...

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 81
The tagline is the same except the 12 is switched for 15. Instead it's SW9152.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1422
yea ihave the 15 Ti, lol. but yea 3 will still sound good but it wont be a huge difference and id prefer you spend the money of that sub on a snail shell box, that will give you a huge difference than the 3rd sub, but yea stick with the 12's because they dont make a double shot for 15's....

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1968
Hey Sub have you ever used the PPI dcx? I highly dont recomend it! The DCX is after the switch to directed electronics and personally in my opinion is garbage. If money is no object look into US amps for a good 2000 watts or the DE3000 if you are feeling froggy! lol:-) stay away from new PPI it is not even comparable to the older Art series or PC , and PCX stuff. I would go us amps USA 2000 or the DE3000 the only problem with doing 3 dual 4ophm subs is you get funky wiring impedence levels like 2.67 ohms run Series / Parallel. Well I would deff run one of those amps over the PPI in a heart beat!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1437
really6...what happened, i thought the PPI stuff was awesome, there is aguy i know that runs a ppidvc1500.1 to some memphis's and its awesome, i dont udnerstand, i thought it was some of the best amps out there

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1438
really6...what happened, i thought the PPI stuff was awesome, there is aguy i know that runs a ppidvc1500.1 to some memphis's and its awesome, i dont udnerstand, i thought it was some of the best amps out there

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1972
not the new stuff! it is made by the same company who makes the new Orion stuff. If you want good PPI look into the older model's especially the (art series) line. Also the PC and PCX models were all pre directed buy out. the problem after Directed bought them was that they atarted manufacturing over seas not in the US like previous lines that I mentioned. Thats why when we recomend Orion stuff it is the older stuff before theywere bought out by Directed also.

Bronze Member

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 13
So what ru suggesting the best amp for me to get. And to subfanatic, those extra 750 to 1500 watts wouldnt make a big diffreence?

Gold Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1036
i beleive its double power only gets you like 3db gain...something to that effect...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1441
cooter? what do you mean

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1977
Those subs are dual 4ohm subs so if you run them in series you will yield a 4ohm load. I would run them off of a PPI a1200.2 if you can find one on ebay for a good deal. that amp is absolutely amazing. Now you could also run them in parellel at 1ohm in this case I would run them off of either a Orion HCCA 275 or 2100. If you dont want to do either of them look into US amps they are a very good company very high quality stuff. I dont know your budget but I would say if you got those subs dont skimp out on an amp. Its like buying a ferarri with a 5hp go cart motor.

Bronze Member

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 16
I have a big budget so im not worryin bout it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1443
wow i just checked out there new stuff and us amps are amazing i want one soo bad

yea i would suggest it to, if you want to go with usamps,i would suggest getting 2 of the eclipses like i told ya lol but maybe look into the new merlin-2md2 by usamp

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1979
well then I would go with the Orion HCCA 2100 their are a few of them right now on Ebay. it will do about 1800-2000 watts at 1ohm mono. Or look into US amps also they are top Shelf as well I believe its the USA-2000 or you could go with the DE3000 and rock the crap out of all three of them. I would go with the Orion 2100 if it were me.

Bronze Member

Slidell, Louisiana US

Post Number: 17
So go with the two or three eclipse subs with the Orion 2100?

Gold Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1037
not to hijack the thread of anything but with all the talk about orion i couldn't help it...what are your thoughts on running an HCCA 12 on a us amps amp or a orion hcca amp at 1 ohm....i do plan on adding a fan blowing onto the amp to cool it a touch...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us