Please help. I need people's opinions on the best subs!! Help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kaine1021

Post Number: 16
Hey ya'll. Im 15 and i need ne ones opinion on the best subs out there. I dont know much cuz i hear good tihngs about some brands and then hear bad tings about them. I was going for audiobahn but then i hard a lto of bad about them and i know JL is good but they're too expensive. Some one please help.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 147
Resonant Engineering triple X
Eclipse Ti
image dynamics ID Max

what are you looking for? SPL? SQ? or SQL?

i know your new so incase you dont knwo what those are i;ll tell ya

SPL=sound pressure level...loudness

SQ= sound quality... how good it sounds

SQL= mixture of both

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 148
also whats the price range?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
SQL and not over 300. Hopefull it wont b that much. ne ways wutcha got for me.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 259
how about something from acendant, an avalanche 15 maybe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Dont worry bout price just give me the best subwoofers u know of.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 149
i would go with the resonant engineering triple x woofer... i belive its around 400 though ... maybe 350... it is an SQL woofer

also a eclipse titanium is a great SQL woofer for 320

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5760857637 %26%26
that would be my choice

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 260
www.ascendantaudio.com
RE (www.reaudio.com)
eclipse
image dynamics (great sq subs)
Digital Designs (DD)
www.adireaudio.com

others too...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Any one else gotta a opinion of the best woofers?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1062
eclipse Ti's x.x.x. mt's w7's supposedly 9500's in ss boxes, adire, avalanch, dd, id....re stuff

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Whats the best set of 4 12's with two amps do u suggest??

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1065
i suggested this to someone earlier actually lol, 4 12inch eclipse Ti's with, 2 ppi 1500D amps, run it in parrallel and get a 1 ohm load giving 750 watts rms to each sub,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
alrihgt i know everyting u said except the 1 )hm load. What is that?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1751
An Ohm is the measure of the amount of resistance. A higher Ohm value, say 4, puts out much less heat than lower ohms, such as 1. The lower the ohms though, the more current can flow. Lets say you have a 500 watt rms amp @ 2 ohms. At 1 ohm that amp would put out 1000 watts rms @ 1 ohm, and only 250 watts rms @ 4 ohms. Now not all amps work exactly like this, but this is a general explanation. Different ohm loads can also somewhat change the sound, not much, but it can. The lower the ohms the lower the damping factor, which would result in a softer bass sound. You don't have to worry about taht stuff though, I'm just telling you what happens.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 154
if you want to leanr anything u can think of that has to do with sound equipment go here...

www.bcae1.com scroll down the right window and find anything that has to do with ohms law or ohms w/e... i cant explain it too well... all i can say is that a sub has a voice coil... or 2 or 4 w/e... and it has an ohm rating or w./e you want to call it... say for example... the 12w6v2 has dual 4ohm coils... this means it has 2 coils that are 4 ohm... when u wire the 2 coils in parit comes to a 2 ohm load... and if u wire them into series you get an 8 ohm load... .. now when ohms half the output power of the amp doubles on most amplifiers... example: an amp puts out 1000watts at 2 ohms... if wired to 1 ohm it would put out 2000watts... if wired to 4 ohm it would put out 500 watts ... yeah im probably confuing you... wait for jonathan to wirte or somethign or read up on that website its a very knowledgable site

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 155
and while i was typ[ing joe did a better explaination lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I get it a litel bt but i dont care bout all that. All i need to know is a good sub that will sound good and last long. and also a good amp or ne thing else that would make ti sound better.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1752
Yeah, I try to take my time and explain stuff well. I still don't write post's as long as Jonathan does.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
alrihgt i was lookin at eclipse and those l3itches are freakin expensive. So let me ask u what are the best 4 12" subs that are under 250 each.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 156
lemme ask u sumin.. why are u so hooked on 4 12s?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 157
what about 3... adn you can spend the saved money on more expensive subs... therefor spending the same but having better equipment that is just as good as 4 12s

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I dk. really i dk. I was gunan get 2 12's and 1 15 but this guy tol me it wouldnt sound too good. So i was thinkin of 4 12's would sound good. Give me ur suggestion of what i should get.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Any suggestions??<<

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1071
personally...i would suggest 2 12inch ti's with one of those ppi DCX1500.1 amp with a ss doubleshot...talk about pain

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Any suggestions??<<

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
What kind of Ti's
like ne specific make?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Whats an ss double shot?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1074
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=217&1=218&3=2579 fine then...get 4 of these

Username: Bclemms

Post Number: 5
Car Audio magazine just published their results on four of the more pupular mid $ range subs. The Alumpro alchemy MX ranked the highest just ahead of the MB quartz RWE 254 and the kicker solo L5 killing the orion p1004. Just keep in mind the more expensive the sub is the more expensive your amp will be. Your box, wiring and connections will make just as big of a difference as your subs and amps. If I was talking about running that much power I would def. invest in a battery and a cap. Your talking a lot of $$$. For example subs $250x4=$1000 plus another $750 in amps, <$150 in a box $75 in wiring and that doesn't include mids, highs, power to push them, head unit, installation and anything else such as battery and cap.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1075
snail shell

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
subfanatic ill take ur advice jsut what Ti's r u talki about. U prob know mroe than i do.

Post Number: 6
what kind of vehicle do you have? do you have a cd player yet? do you have mids or high's? if you don't have the mids highs and head unit yet are you planning on getting them? what is the total dollar value you want to spend? If you answer these questions you will get a lot better imput on what to get.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i ahve a clarion head unit and what r mids and high and i have about 1100 to spend.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 164
i think whoever told you that 2 12s oe 15 wouldnt sound good doesnt knwo what he's tlaking about and you shouldnt listen to him... go with subfans idea dn im sure you will be happy... or even in a regular box if you dont want to pay a ton for those SS boxes ... i dont really knwo anything about the amps he suggested i would go with like zapco c2k 6.0 or idk.. thats just me .. do more research on amps if u want but the subs he suggested are great... and hes talking about the SW9122 eclipse titanium

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1076
daniel...go with the 12 inch eclipse Ti, find it at www.woofersetc.com you can find better prices but that will show you what your looking for, and that is a really good price. you can also look at the ppi amps as well...they are amazing....PPI DCX1500.1 amp....snail shell box www.powere4sound.com....new alternator...at least a 150 amp alt...optima yellow top battery...dont get a cap...thats gonna be close to 2 grand for that setup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
alright i know i need a bettery but thats a good one to get for the everything. and what will the alt do?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 165
mids and highs are the actually music sounds u will hear lol... you should get a component set for the front and coaxial speakers for the rear... they arent the cheapest either... you;ll also need an amp for them... if u were thinking of spending all 1100 on ur subs then u must rethink your plan... you NEED highs also for a good system

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1078
the alt keeps the battery charged...just a battery will die with that setup lol...i would strongly suggest a 200 amp alt....and upgrading the big 3 which are just the ground from the alt to the chassis...the ground from your batt to the chassis, and the cable from alt to your battery...the alt is what essentially powers eveything in your car and without one your car will basically die...and a system will kill one...but the 150 alt is the minumum i would get..but 200 for safetly..its like 250 plus shipping for one...go to www.motorcityreman.com and check it out.... and that system will easily hurt your ears and mroe....but the baattery will be good...and if you can get a battery isolater and put another battery in your trunk for competitions if your interested...but id idnt realize your setup is 1100...maybe we should rethink this...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I dk thats what i ahve right now but by next summer ill ahve mroe plus my g paw will help em out some.

Post Number: 8
what kind of vehicle do you have? If you have a suv it makes a big difference than an eclipse hatchback.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1080
why..what are you thinking mike?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Im prob gettin an F-150 or some mid or full size truck.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1083
haha..then a ss box isnt going to work for you

Post Number: 9
It depends, if he has suv he can go with a ton of options if he has a hatch, he won't need nearly as much or have as many options. let ya know in a minute

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
i was plannin on makin a custom box but i gotta learn ho to do that too. Im gunna try to spend as little money as i can to have a nice soundin system.

Post Number: 10
I've got a four door Titan, so I know how hard it is to do what you want. I've got 2 10" He2's and it's not enough. If you want four twelve's you had better be ready for no back seats.
I would go with two 12" eclpse sw9122 or fosgate rfr-3112's in a custom truck box with one PPI DCX1000.4 bridged giving you 500w per at two ohm's saving the alt some.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
that leaves about $150 for mids and highs. I personally wouldn't do this but when I was 15 i know this would have done the trick. two sets of pioneer 3 way's and a hi fonics 50x4 amp. there's $1100.
for $300 more you can get the optimus red top and all the wiring you will need and a decent cap. Hope you have a friend that will install it for you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
U lucky a$$. Thats wut i want and i was plannin on takin the back seats out.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1087
i would suggets getting a yellow top batter and be done with it lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Alright so give me everything u suggest im prib gunan go wit it. Money aint a real big deal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Alright so give me everything u suggest im prib gunan go wit it. Money aint a real big deal.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1089
go with my whole idea uptop

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
With the two eclipse ____ the one amp _____the battery and alt. is that it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hey sub, have you ever seen the back seat of a club titan? I could put a couch in it. I got my back seats out now because i'm going to dyno it tom. WOW! the ideas i had looking in that truck and seeing more room than most SUV's! I don't think he want's me to put my dream system together.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1092
yea...and then just wire it all and stuff lol...and dont forget the ss box lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Can ne one tell me if Image Dynamics are good subs?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1095
sq awesome stuff

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
ight kool cuz i found 2 12's for 260

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Hey im back. I got good news. my g aprents are sellin a call and i got a bigger budget cuz im gettin the money. So i ahgve about 2 to 3 grand to spend on a system. Im gettin 3 12" Eclipse Titanium Sw9122 with PPI 4 channel with a bettery and alt. Anything thing else i would need.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1271
I dont believe there is a PPI 4 channel that will run 3 12 inch eclipse Ti's well..what are you planning...and if your set on ppi, i would suggest dropping the 3rd eclipse..spend the money of that sub on a SS box get the PPI DCX1500.1 amp and own lives
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us