A little help please please!

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 28
Ok here's the problem. My sister has a 92 Galant and when you wanna put aftermarket speakers, you can't just connect them cause it has some weird wire. Is there anyway of connecting them without buying the adaptors?

Also, she has a detachable face stereo and I was wondering how to take it off. Her fader and balance are connected all wrong, and I wanna fix it for her. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1805
Only other thing you could do besides running new wires is to figure out which wire is positive and which is negative. Then just cut the adaptor end off and strip the ends of the wires.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 703
You can figure out the polarity using a a small battery and the factory speaker. Just wire the battery to the speak. If the cone moves out then whichever terminal you connected the positive side of the battery to is positive. If the cone moves in its just the opposite.

Depending on the factory connector you may be able to build your own wiring harness with some male and female blade connectors(quick disconnects) and avoid cutting the factory stuff.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F011%5F003%5F004%5F000&product%5Fid=64%2D3134

The one on the left is the guy.

:-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 29
Thanks, what about pulling the stereo out? How do I do that? It's a detachable face stereo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us