For Eclips Fanciers

5&aQuarter
Unregistered guest
Jonathan : If you are simply doing components with passive X-overs and aren't looking for specific time correction, I'd stick with the Alpine 9835 or the Eclipse 5444 as you won't be using all of the Eclipse's features and you'll just be paying extra cash.
//////////////////////////////////////////////
(1)WHAT IS TIME CORRECTION?
AND CAN THE TWEETER BE CONTROLLED FRO THE HU FROM THE 8454 OR THER NEWER MODELS?

MO:I like eclipse because of the preout voltages are always 5 Volts or higher..What yall think?
////////////////////////////////////////////////
(2)WHAT GOOD IS A HIGHER VOLT OUTPUT IF YOU ARE ALLREADY RUNNING 2 AMPS?

Jonathan: Both are 24 bit DAC.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
(3)WHAT IS 24BIT DAC?

Mr_Kebo: guy at the local shop told me i would need "Super Clean Power Amps" to use with this hu since it has 8v pre outs.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
(4)I HAVE THE T8004 ROCKFORD AMP PUSHING MY HIGHS AT 800 WATT RMS IS THIS CLEAN AMP I WAS ALWAYS TOLD ROCKFORD WERE FOR POWER AND ALPINE WAS FOR CLARITY?

erik:will a nice little system like mo's really take advantage of the 8v or is this overkill?
////////////////////////////////////////////////
(5)WILL MINE OVERKILL?

I am having such a Hard Time Picking the Final Part to me system
its ether Alpine 9835 or the 8454 or newer

Heres the set

Diamond hex 5.25 Componets 150Rms
Pioneer 6x9 5way
T8004 Rockford fosgate power 800rms
T1 Power two 12' subs
bd1001 Rockford power amp 1200rms

Cadilac Elderado 94 do I need a better alternator?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 379
Hey every preout on the eclipse is 8 volt and it will result on your amps being more efficiant and not heating as much and lowers system noise then a 4 volt or less. Not a major issue but if you run more then 2 amps then it helps. I got my eclipse 8454 from ebay for $500 plus shipping from tristateaudio check them out. In the long run this eclipse is a better buy. Jonathan actually has used this for a while so he can break it down more.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 588
WHAT IS TIME CORRECTION?
Time corection is the ability to delay a speakers output so it arives at your ear at the same time as the other speakers in your stereo. It give you the ability to better set up your front sound stage.

CAN THE TWEETER BE CONTROLLED FRO THE HU FROM THE 8454 OR THER NEWER MODELS?
Yes it can.

WHAT GOOD IS A HIGHER VOLT OUTPUT IF YOU ARE ALLREADY RUNNING 2 AMPS?
It doesn't matter if you are running one amp or 3 amps. A higher line out voltage helps with reduction of induced noise problems, and helps the amp produce a cleaner signal.

Will a nice little system like mo's really take advantage of the 8v or is this overkill?
Your system is only as good as its weekest link, and from what I have heard of mo's set up the 8 volts will help.

WILL MINE OVERKILL?
If your amps can handle it, I say do it.

Cadilac Elderado 94 do I need a better alternator?
Wait till you get the stereo installed and see if your lights dim really bad. If they do, then I would say yes.

5&aQuarter
Unregistered guest
Another Question
Is there any Kind of way that satelite radio can be installed into the eclipse 8454?

ANd I want to thank the posters that have responded thus far big help

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
No, but the new eclipse radios are sat ready

5&aQuater
Unregistered guest
the guy at car toys told me the 8455 might be to much more for pros says i should get the 8445 dont no if thats new or old
he also told me to leave that rockford out of the highs and just get a pa5422
is he a good sales man or wants me to have the best product to offor?
I did research
i might just go on by what few of yall think here

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
He was being honest about the deck. The 8455 has a few options that will mainly be used by people with really high end stuff. One example is with my set up, my components are biampable, so it gives me a few more options to play with, than a person just running a regular set of components on the front. The reason alot of people don't do this is it requires you to run a high wattage 4 chanel, or 2 2 chanel amps. When you start talking about 2 jl 300/2 for your front stage alone you start adding up the $$ pretty quickly. The average person the 8445 will be more than enough, and save you some money, and yes that is a 2005 model. As for the amp, I am not a fan of the newer rockford, so I would agree, and due to the honesty in him trying to save you some cash on the deck. I think he is telling you the right thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
I bought my eclipse cd8454 off ebay brand new and if i get it installed by a Eclipse Dealer iw hould get the 3 year warranty right???

5&aQuarter
Unregistered guest
Thanks all Im going to buy from him
He also warned me my Rockford amp will not give me what it says it will if I do not get a new alt

for the most part these guys are kinda funny
The alpine guy told me anybody that dosent sell rockford cant and he sold eclipse in 91 but they break sooner or later not reliable like an alpine deck but will admit as far as clarity its beside alpine.

The eclipse guy dosent like rockford 1 bit
diamond coponets and eclipse head units is what he prefers

alpine man prefer rockford amps alpine deck mb quart coponets

i went with diamond coponets rockford sub amp
and will get the eclpise pushn highs n hu

i was going to go jl for coponets but i heard the sub and amp and it made my ears hurt.. i didnt like that too much

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 468
mo i doubt you will get the warranty even if an authorized dealer put it in.....

i would be careful even registering it as often times like it or not ebay items are stolen or have some fishy background to them

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
I bought this from a power seller for a high price and everything is sealed and spankin new. I saw feedback from others who bought the same Unit...seems legit but i havent registered it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us