Car cant handle it!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1497
ok guys ive contacted a few places about a new alt, and the biggest alt they make for my neon is a 150 amp alt, but im planning on running 4 hifonic brutus 1500d amps this summer when i save them up, im running them to a QVC 1 ohm 15 inch MT, this WILL be my daily driver sub when im driving to compete and stuff and when i go to school, ill have other subs by then for daily driver, dont ask how im getting the money lol but ill have it, and see they only make a 150 amp alt and thats alot of power to put on that alterantor, what can i do to make it so my car can handle that much power without killing my electrical system

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 351
you can buy two of the alts and run them

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1498
you can use two alts? what about using the 150 amp alt, and then running like a 1 f cap with each amp, i just bought the 1.2 from trevor its on its way here, or any other alternatives cause i would really prefer to just stick with 1 alternator if you know where im comen from lol

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 354
yeh this dude na,e steve meade on www.realmofexcursion.com has 4 18" mts powered by 8 bd.1500d and he uses 2 315+amp iraggi alts

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1502
well anything else i could do like caps or somen instead,or possible somen i dont know if

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 355
for that much power i dont think 150 amp alt. and any amount of caps would work, i have no idea on what you could do, but isnt there a place where you could take your alternator to get it beefed up.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1503
i dont know lol, maybe jon would have some insight into this problem, cause seriously if i was doing comps and stuff, how could i possibly run 6000 watts rms for 30 seconds lol, and daily driving for like 2 hours, there hast o be a a solution outside of multiple alternators

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 358
in SOME comps you have to have the car off so having the alt. wont do anygood. But for daily driving is something different, yeh you're right we'll have to wait for jon for this problem

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1506
haha yea, lol i know for some comps they wont let you have the car on, but im pretty sure with what i have now the car will p00p out on me before i install all the amps lol, but will using 4 of those amps help or just using 2 be fine? i think i want to use all 4 cause i just want that stunning look of having 4 amps sitting there with one sub and people go wat the he!! did u do lol, but ikll eventually get all 4 just 2 for now lol

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 360
yea because 6000watt rms is alotta power for a MT for daily driving, but for comps they'll be perfect. 2 should be perfect for daily driving And still loud enough 2 take your hearing away within a miunte

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1508
lol thats what ill prolly do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us