Buying 6x9's and 4" speakers.. Need help

slm
Unregistered guest
I am looking at buying 6x9's; either:
- Sony XSV6930A or
- Pioneer TS-G950M
Which has the highest quality?

Also, I am looking at buying 4" speakers - Pioneer. Any negative points on Sony speakers / Pioneer speakers? What should I look out for?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 293
slm, sony makes poorly built car audio products. stay away from them.

6x9's in general will have poorer sound quality than a round speaker. if you can fit them, look at getting 6.5's instead.

slm
Unregistered guest
They sounded alright in the store. Im not looking for the best sound, just ok sound for a good price. I want to get either one or the other. Whick is better?

slm
Unregistered guest
and what is wrong with sony? do they have poor sq or will they just break easily?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 298
they may sound ok to you, but they are poorly built and have a bad reputation for messing up.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/8567.html

Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 6
slm, I can speak from experiance on this. When I got my first car back in '98 I put in a sony head unit and sony 4x6's because 1)my car had no radio when I bought it 2)I didn't have much cash to spend and 3)I didn't know any better. A year later I was kicking myslef because the HU no longer played CD's and the right front speaker had blown out. I upgraded to a Pioneer HU and Pioneer 4x6's and the difference was amazing. I still have the deck and the speakers and I plan on taking them out and transplanting at least the speakers when I get my new ride this summer. It's worth a few extra bucks for much better quality. Hope that helps.

slm
Unregistered guest
i still like the 6x9's because they fit in my car. Pioneer ts-g950m is good?

wait... will 6.5's fit in a hole made for 6x9's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us