GLasss or someone: need help with head unit

Username: Ayek

Post Number: 6
First of all, this site has been very helpful to me. though i rarely post i always like to browse the forums so much ppl think im knowledgeable not knowing i just gleam all those stuff here hehehehhee. so to my question

i bought a used alpine 9815 and im a bit confused on how to go about the settings specifically the crossover and EQ settings, could you give some advices what settings should i use? im planning to use all 3 preouts to connect to my 3 amps (front, rear and subs - all kicker) fronts have k65.2 rears have k60.2 and Comps for subs. Also do i need to tinker wid the bass engine feature?

No need to be too detailed just some frequency settings,some pointers. imma fast learner so just a little patience is required. Thanks in advance from a humble small time car audiophile

Post Number: 7
cmon!!! someone help???

Post Number: 8
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1931
alright I willl see what I can do to help you out with the x-over part. That is a very nice unit may I add, I run the 9813 and I love it. OK you are gonna want ot tune your x-over in your front and rears to 100 with a small slope so it fills in your lows so it should look like this on your radio: 0db 100 1 I believe that is the way it is. do that for your front and rears and turn your sub off for now. if you dont know how to do that you hold down the F(function) button for 5 seconds and scroll through to where it says sub on/off, turn it off. next turn your volume up about 3/4 with your favorite song with the most bass you can think of, listen and fade to the rear and see how it sounds, fade to the front and see how it sounds, next fade middle and see how it sounds, if you get a little pop in any of your speakers then adjust the slope on the x-over to this 0db 100 2, that will give it a steeper roll off so the lower htz wont come in as much. Get it so you like the way it sounds then turn your subs back on and turn the x-over to 63-80. now for the EQ that is all preference but the nice thing is you can store up to 6 of your own EQ settings which is a very nice feature. well I hope this helps a little.

Post Number: 9
well thanks dude but i was hoping for some recommended settings. im gonna be using Ipersonalize so i setting it would be easy so im just wondering what the recommended settings would be

Post Number: 10
anyone else pls?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7517
download the alpine PDF manual and read it to gain an understanding of what you're doing first.
the settings are your preference, and based on your entire system.
there is no one ideal setting for every system.

generally, set XO for components @ HPF 12dB/octave, 125Hz, and set subs to LPF 18dB/oct 80Hz

thats a place to start
leave EQ settings off/flat till the XO is all set.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks Glass!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us