Comfort start, remote start problem

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
I just installed a comfort start remote start in my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer, and i am having a strange intermittent problem that i have been fighting with for the past 2 weeks.
The problem is, sometimes it will start and sometimes it cranks and catches but then immediatly dies. I am using the tachless smart start for tach instead of getting it at an injector(had a very expensive bad experience hooking up tach b4 on another car)
it dosen't matter the weather, or if the car was just driven, or was sitting all night.
I thought it may have been the bypass, so i was about to replace it when i decided to try it without the bypass and learned the truck won't even try to crank. so with the bypass disconnected, i tried it with the key in and same difference, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
i replaced the brain. i looked over the wires to see if i may have pinched one. i checked my connections. i grabbed all the wires that are suppoed to be gotten(diagram gotten off of diretechs) all good. so i am lost.
can anyone help me figure out that the heck is going on and how to fix it?
Thank You.

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
also, if it helps, i did not hook up door locks.
i took one look at the diagram for door locks and said "NO SIR!!!" 2 relays in each front door, 2 in the tailgate and 2 under rear seat. i'll carry 2 remotes.
really, what was GM thinking?

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
anybody?

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Erus37

Hollywood, Fl USA

Post Number: 15
DID U USE THE 555L OR 555T?
BCAUSE U KNOW ITS PASSLOCK 2

Bronze Member
Username: Erus37

Hollywood, Fl USA

Post Number: 16
OK I GOT IT
DOES IT ONLY START AFTER U PUT THE KEY IN ONCE OR TWICE?
IF SO YOU HAVE THE 555L CONNECTED WRONG!!!!
THE ONLY REASON IT STARTS IS BCAUSE THE PASSLOCK 2 IS HOLDING THE KEY IN MEMORY FOR THE FIRST 2 ATTEMPTS.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE 555L....IT SAYS TO PLACE THE PINK WIRE ON THE IGNITION SIDE OF THE VEHICLE.

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
i put it in a little over 3 weeks ago.
the first week it started up fine. everything was good. then as i was leaving a store i went to start it and it wouldn't start.
i got home and tried it and it worked fine. so i began starting and stopping it (by remote only) and it worked fine about 6 times. then it would start 2 times then it worked fine the rest of the day.

the place i deal with dosen't have the DEI brand of bypass. i am using the DB-PASS-23 by omega.
it dosen't connect to the wire in the steering colum like the dei brand, it connects to the #2 wire on the diagnostic connector under the dash.
but you think i should try a 555L bypass instead?

i tried disconnecting the bypass and starting it with the key. 3 times it worked, 2 times (with 3 start attepmts) it would start, run and die out.

this truck has me completly confounded.

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
Come on guys, I thought your were supposed to be the best. :-) I know it's harder to diagnose these things over a computer as opposed to actually being there. But i need this to work.

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
ok, here's the latest.

today was nice so i went and swapped the bypass i have in (DB-PASS-23 ) with the dei 555U.
appearantly the car and that bypass don't like each other, it wouldn't even try and start.
so, i am back to the starting board.

anybody have any ideas as to why it's acting the way it is?

Lwolf504
Unregistered guest
The 555U is a Transponder bypass, and has nothing to do with Passlock systems. Use 555T or Audiovox as-gm4.

Cash Deficiant
Unregistered guest
ha ha!!!

i have figured out the problem and it was not the bypass.
i was using the "tachless" feature and decided to run a wire for a tach signal.
it works fine everytime.
i've been using the omega comfort start (upgraded from the rs7k-2) for years and never had a problem like this using the tachless feature before.
but now i know and hopefully this helps someone else.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us