Hello, new to forum, got few questions

Username: Quiksilverx181

Post Number: 1
Hello, I just bought an Infinity 12" Subwoofer, 300rms @ 4ohm. I hooked it up to an Infinity 7520a 2 channel amp, which is rated for 283w RMS @ 4ohm. I ran my new sub/amp combo for 1 hour, and then my sub started cutting out. I go to my amp, and its SCORCHING hot. I went back to the professionals who installed it for me, and they tested the grounding, impedance, and everything. All was fine. We are guessing its the amp.

Now I talked to cardomain and I am returning it tomorrow. Which amp should I get now? Should i buy an amp with more than 300w RMS @ 4ohm so my sub could get a bit more juice? I have a $150 limit, but if you have to, as high as $199. I was looking at a MTX 342, which is 340w RMS @ 4ohm, is MTX good?

Also, I am hearing about "fake" wattage, and that you have to calculate the real values of equipment. How do i do this, and how can i tell if something is fake? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1032
As long as you stay away from Legacy, Sony... thing's that look to good to be true, you will get real watt's.
MTX is a great brand. They make nice stuff, with out the really high price!

Post Number: 2
I Hear of overheating problems on MTX's, they wont die on me will they?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 308
Were you running your setup at like full power? Also, was the sub DVC or SVC? Make sure you wired everything correctly? Otherwise it sounds like your amp could be dead.
MTX sells pretty good quality stuff. They won't die on you.

Post Number: 3
I was close to full power. Will that do it? Will getting a more powerful amp fix that problem?

Post Number: 4
How are Power Acoustik TS620-2's? Its rated for 360w RMS @ 4ohm... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-I8DRqt...110&I=026TS6202

How would that amp do with powering my sub? Will it do well? Is that power rating real or fake?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us