Which speaker setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 95
I have come up with two options for speakers for my car I can afford. either one pair of components with an amp, or two pairs of coaxials with an amp. which setup up would give me better sound? I don't have subs. which would you recommend and why? what are the pros and cons? the details are as follows, and I have an apline 9847 in my car already,:

1st SETUP

65$
Alpine SPS570A REAR
Power Handling RMS: 40 watts
Power Handling Peak: 200 watts

65$
Infinty Ref6802 FRONT
Power Handling, RMS: 60 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 180 Watts

65$
Boss Chaos C350 AMP
Power Handling: 40 wattsx4 @ 4 ohms

TOTAL: $195

2nd Setup

$120
Infinity Reference 5000cs 75 watts rms
OR

$120
Infinity Reference 6800cs 90 watts rms

$70
Boss Chaos C250
75W x 2
or
$70
Power Acoustik Gothic OV2-300
70W x2

TOTAL: $200

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 117
I like Infinity personally. The Alpine's are good too and would compliment your Alpine Receiver. I own Infinity Reference coaxials and from my experience and others they offer alright bass for aftermarket coaxials. I would run the coaxials off your HU and only get an amp for the comps.

I would get comps in the front and coaxs in the rear. Run the rear speakers off your HU and use the 2 ch amp to power the comps.

DO NOT get the Chaos amp, they are horrible. I would not even get the power acoustik amp. I would check out soundstream or MA Audio for amps if your on a budget. Etronics.com is a good place to search for one.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 999
Yep, I would go with the component's.

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 98
yea but if get the components, installation will be harder\expensive, and i cant afford components and rear speakers. either four coaxials, or two components, those are my options. i actaully did find a cheap soundstream amp alternative that i am using.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us