Wiring Amps to Subs (Configuration)

Bronze Member
Username: Mez

SydneyOz

Post Number: 18
So finally I have bought two new subs (JL 12W6v2) as the old Orions lasted about 1 week. I have two KAC-X621 amplifiers and wanted to use 1 amp per sub (612 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 OHM). I noticed that if I run this configuration I would be running it @ 8 OHMS. Is there any way of wiring it @ 4 OHMS? Or what would be the best wiring solution? Any help is always much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 98
the W6's are dual 4, wire each sub's VC in parallel, then hook an amp to each. each amp will have a 2 ohm load, so if they are 2 ohm stable, you'll be fine. if you wire the VC's in series, then you'll need to sire the subs in parallel and i'm not sure how to use two amps with that set up.

Bronze Member

SydneyOz

Post Number: 19
I was just wondering; if I am using a 12W6v2 (DVC 4OHM) and a KAC-X621 bridged, what ohm would this configuration eqivilate to and is this even feasible?
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 674
Thats 300 x 1 into 8 ohms.

The amp's not stable 2 ohm bridged. You could run both subs in parallel off ONE amp with the voice coils in series(like in your pic).

That would save some space, but you're still only going to be running 300 watts to each sub. It'll probably sound a lot cleaner with two amps however.

If you want more power to those subs I'd consider selling those Kenwoods and investing in say one good 800-1000 watt monoblock that gets full power at either 1 or 4 ohms or one bigger two channel.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

SydneyOz

Post Number: 20
Hmmmm... Out of curiousity, what would happen if I wired up each channel to a coil?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us