2 weeks on forums, a little knowledgable, less confused still need to choose an idmax 10" or SE SX 12"

Username: Baba

UnaIndia

Post Number: 8
hi,
I have posted tons of stuff and must admitt learnt a lot,
From my budget,sound i want, advice from everyone... I need to decide between...

One IDMAX10 D4 V3
1000 Watts RMS, 1800 Peak.

or

One RE SX 12"
1000 Watts RMS, 2000 peak.
both are approx the same price...

I know both will get loud... my emphasis is on clarity, tight sound , fast moving subs..
Listen to just about everything and spend a lot of time in my SUV... but ability to get really loud when required to....

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 929
IDmax

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1913
if clarity is what you want then ID max is by far the way to go. I would recomend the IDmax over REXXX,and Brahma when it comes to SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1152
id go with the sx on this one. its a 12 so yo9u will have more air displacement and this sub is more a long the lines of a spl sub, but will still give you clarity and response

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1921
I didnt even realize it was a 10 vs a 12. then that changes everything. still if SQ is allyour after the I still say ID max but if you want SQL then go RE but I am curious as to why you would get 1-ID 10 and 1-RE 12 why not an ID 12?

UnaIndia

Post Number: 9
two reasons , i have already overshot my budget from 200 to 300, no way am gonna cross that and its almost 350$ -400$s on an idmax 12".

Secondly for the kind of sound i want , i spoke the technical person at idmax , and told him this is what i want and this is what i had, he himself told me a single idmax 10" d4 ( will give my amp a 2 ohm load), will be perfect, and that the next best thing would be 2 12" idqs, or even a single idq 15", but if u can get the 10" idmax its one of the best subs the company has ever made, the driver, the motor every bit of it is a master piece, i just could not argue with that, ... also its affordable, meets my budget.

UnaIndia

Post Number: 10
anyway , thank ya all...
I'll just play it by the ear.. most probably teh Idmax 10" should do it..

No more bothering threads from me now.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1927
dude you can get an IDmax 12 or 10 on Ebay for like $270

Bronze Member

UnaIndia

Post Number: 11
idmax 12" is for 340$s, and other sites like mmexpress, 330$etc... while the 10" everywhere is like 270-28$s

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1934
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5760178065 %26%26 $289 ID max 12

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1644
Yeah, even brand new at woofersetc.com they're like 330. Pretty darn good for the price.

Bronze Member

UnaIndia

Post Number: 12
hi james, how much would be the sound diff between the 12" and the 10"..., have u heard the two, is it worth the diff, the 12" must be louder as well as lower i guess, if i do end up with a idmax 12, it will be my first 12" subwoofer ever, as i always have owned 10".....

thanks a ton, yup its not bad , with shipping it comes to about 300$s...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1939
yeah I would go 12 over 10. you will get the same SQ out of the 12 with more bottom end.:-)

Bronze Member

UnaIndia

Post Number: 14
hi guys bought the Idmax 12" d2 for 280$s brand new, shipped.
Hope i like it... looking forward to making a box... that will be fun... boy cant wait for it to get here.
Thank you all, just thinking about the install makes me feel good...
" Remember me i used to live for music"

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1723
It was only 280 shipped to India? That's a pretty good deal. I know you'll be happy with the 12 over the 10.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us