Isaac look!!

Username: Italngringo

Post Number: 5
im driving down the road and all of a sudden my subs just turn off? if i turn off my car and then turn it back on itll come back on...i checked my fuses and theyre fine...so idk, does anyone know whats happening?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1928
Scott, most likely your amp is overheating/overloading. Check your gain/level settings. You might also want to check your sub's ohms. For example, if your amp is only 4 ohms stable and you supply 3ohms or even 2 ohms, the amp will overheat. The speed to which it'll get there will depend on your volume level. Let's say you listen to half way or less. It'll take longer before the amp shuts down vs if you crank it up right away. Then probably in 5 - 10 mins later, it will shut down do to heat.
Next time that happens, check your amp's status. If you see the protection light on, than you know something triggered it.
It could also be caused by lack of power. If your amp is 1000w and you haven't upgraded your alternator/fuses, sooner or later something's going to blow.
I've seen cases where the fuse didn't blow yet it was close enough that it cut the power to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us